Technical Radio tuning problem ?

Currently reading:
Technical Radio tuning problem ?

Stuartl

Maranellohouse.com
I have the standard radio in my Brava.
I have bought a device that allows me to play my mp3 by tuning into the FM signal of the radio 106.7 Now it worked fine until the batteries went done in the device and now since putting new batteries in I cannot get the radio on that channel to stay at 106.7. It tunes fine for about 10 seconds ten off it goes looking for a different channel.
I tune it manually then lock the channel but as I say it only stays locked for about 10 seconds and off it goes roaming.
What am I missing doing to keep the channel locked?:bang:

sounds like the head unit has RDS and you have it set to look for a stronger station if the signal gets weak. eg if your driving listening to radio 1 and move to an area with a different frequency it looks for the new frequency.
there will be something in the radio options for that

This problem is due to the AF setting on the car radio.... AF means Alternate frequency.... The radio will search automatically for a better signal when this setting is on, so you need to disable it.... What you need to do is tune to the 106.7 frequency, remove the AF from the display and then save it to a preset. Then the radio when on this preset station won't search automatically for a stronger signal cos its AF setting is off.

What you need to do is tune to the 106.7 frequency, remove the AF from the display and then save it to a preset. Then the radio when on this preset station won't search automatically for a stronger signal cos its AF setting is off.

I also have the same Bravo standard radio [1998], but unfortunately not the manual. :mad:
I can use the tuner ok, but can anyone tell me how to set a preset radio station on this model?
thanks.

Last edited:
cheers STU412T.
thanks for your help.
its all so obvious once you know, int it? :eek:
*---
I've sat down and had a good bugger about with it and found out as much as I can.
So for anyone else [and me for the future!] I've added a thread that covers as much as I know on the '98 Bravo radio.

Back