Technical Radio problems

Currently reading:
Technical Radio problems

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Boocheee

Can anyone give me some advice about my radio. I have a fiat 500 2011 which I bought a couple of months ago. It had a none factory fit stereo which I didn't like. (No radio signal) So I bought a second hand original. The breakers said it was in full working order and it came with a radio code. So I replaced the stereo. It works and plays cds fine but no radio signal. So more investigation and I found out that its common that the base at the bottom of the aerial gets water in it which stops it picking up signal. So I purchased a second-hand one from a breakers again with the reassurance from them that it has been tested and works. Replaced it all fine but still the radio picks up absolutely nothing 🙁 So now I think its the wire from the back ot the stereo to the antena base connector. I pulled the stereo out earlier and had a look at the connector. I think the wire in the inner part of the wire wasn't connect to the terminal and was broken. So I was going to solder it. Before I do this can I test the wire that is there with a multi meter to see if the cable is OK. I don't want to replace the cable as I imagine it will the interior out?? Or at the very least the head lining out?? Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Before doing anything else, get a cheap generic radio aerial and plug it into your newly acquired radio. This will verify (or not) if the problem lies with the aerial/wiring or with the radio itself.

This will give you confidence that the radio works without having to dismantle anything.

Before doing anything else, get a cheap generic radio aerial and plug it into your newly acquired radio. This will verify (or not) if the problem lies with the aerial/wiring or with the radio itself.

This will give you confidence that the radio works without having to dismantle anything.
Thank you, will do.

It’ll be the aerial base on the roof, it’s about £20, quite common as water gets inside the board and kills it

Yes, I've already replaced it and it still doesn't work
The one you got was second hand so could have the same issue, however thinking of it when mine went I did pick up some channels but it was incredibly crackly.

If you get absolutely nothing even near a town, then I’d do what jrkitching said

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back