General Radiator replacement

Currently reading:
General Radiator replacement

hub61

Hi all, radiator looking decidedly dodgy so replacement on order. Any time (and knuckle) saving tips?? How to remove front plastics, and how much, any links to videos etc?? It's a 4x4, 2013.

You'll have to remove the sump guard before removing the bumper - at least I found it much easier with it out of the way. The bumper is easy, just a few screws in the wheel arches and underneath the front and then along the top of the grill, disconnect the fogs and DRLs and then you should be able to pull the bumper forward and off. Easier with two people. I had to order new plastic brackets which clip onto the bumper because all the locating tabs snapped! Easy but needs drilling out and riveting back onto the wings.
Anyway, all that just gives you a bit more access to see how to get nearer the radiator but haven't got that far, sorry.

Hi all, radiator looking decidedly dodgy so replacement on order. Any time (and knuckle) saving tips?? How to remove front plastics, and how much, any links to videos etc?? It's a 4x4, 2013.
For the bumper have a look at the front end of this video (its a 500 but the bumper attachment is similar to the panda). I've a Panda 4x4 TA and have had to do the wishbones a couple of times and so have removed the bumper a few times! @lambou1d - what he said; disconnect the fogs and DRLs, the bumper is a bit of a lump and will snap the cables if it drops. This, as stated, gets you closer to the radiator again the 500 is similar so removal of the crash bar will be the same. From memory I think the a/c heat exchanger is in front of the radiator so that may be an issue but maybe the rad slides upwards from behind it? I just don't know.

Yeh, I forgot about the crash bar! And the air con exchanger is in front of the Rad. I think you can leave the air con stuff in place and as Panda IIs said Rad slides out behind. No idea of how though:oops:
I do know the air con exchange radiator thing is very fragile and the cooling fins are likely to fall off if you touch them. Mine was a 2013 also.

This is for the older model but might give a clue. Note the radiator you see when looking in through the grille is the air con, not the engine cooling system

Do get 2 new Worm drive hose clips😉

Does the replacement come with 2 x hose stubs?

I don't like the plug.In type 😔

I would unbolt the cooling fan in situ

Buys space and sheds weight 👍

Back