Quinn Direct

Currently reading:
Quinn Direct

Seicento Abarth

Is it true if your on as a provisional driver and you pass they give you 50% off the upping price?

Got told it by someone and don't belive it TBH

Am getting insured for

£419.30

But Quinn quote £1120 for me when i've passed (a seperate quote i did)

Anywhere else which will be cheaper.

Is it true if your on as a provisional driver and you pass they give you 50% off the upping price?

Got told it by someone and don't belive it TBH

Am getting insured for

£419.30

But Quinn quote £1120 for me when i've passed (a seperate quote i did)

Anywhere else which will be cheaper.

Alot of places will nearly double you insurance cause you will be on your own, and its when your more vunerable to be in an accident, which I hope you aint, but thats the way insurers see it im afraid. :rolleyes:

I had (still have till 15th dec) Quinn Direct, was provisional at £1500 passed and went to £2600 ... renewal now is £547 what a difference 1yr no claims does (with admiral)

My brother is with quinn-direct he was 17 when he started the policy on a pug 306 1.4 8v when he was on L plates and was 842 pound but when he passed his test they wanted an extra 500 pound or they was going to cancell policy.

when i passed my test 2 year ago nearly i went with quinn for 1150 a year i didnt care at the time i drove a 1.1 that could go forever (wen it started) now i got to pay 178 pounds next month becuase i changed cars an changed to fully comp an my insurance renewal thing is in feb so lol lower even still :D 2 years no claim here i come:D

Insurance goes up when you pass ??? - how the hell is that justified?

When I passed, I got a refund cheque from Quinn Direct for the remaining 6 months of my policy - my risk was deemed to have dropped sufficiently to recalculate the policy. My renewal quote was about 50% of what the previous years had been!

I've used QD since day one driving.

Insurance goes up when you pass ??? - how the hell is that justified?

When I passed, I got a refund cheque from Quinn Direct for the remaining 6 months of my policy - my risk was deemed to have dropped sufficiently to recalculate the policy. My renewal quote was about 50% of what the previous years had been!

I've used QD since day one driving.

Some see you as more of a risk on your own, when I passed I was with Tesco's insurance and they charged £20 for the modification to the certificate and then gave us 2000 points so theoretically it cost nothing :confused:

i got a quote with 4younger drivers after 3 days of very stressful cheap car insurance hunting, quinn on there quoted me £1140 and i was over the moon, then found out there was a mistake when they rang me up, that was on provisional and they wanted 2700 for a 900cc cinq with a full license. even though i did put full license on 4 younger drivers...

at that price id purposely crash into an expensive car to get my moneys worth tbh, complete and utter joke

and i was insured with morethan as a named driver and they basically told me once i passed they wouldnt insure me, after some trainee idiot told us on the phone it would be free but to ring back later due to a computer error.

they then said they wouldnt return the policy to half the monthly price, they said they would give my grandad £170 of the £300 we agreed to pay and theyd charge the monthly rate with interest as per normal, so we were losing out on £130 and double the premium a month for 2 months insurance.

cancelled the direct debit and havent paid a penny since(y)

I know I'm digging up old threads here, but I thought I'd share my experience with Quinn.
I bought my policy for my 1.1 Sei S on a provisional in October for £680. I was quoted roughly £1100 with a full license.
I passed in February and they wanted £880 for the remaining 8 months of the policy! A grand total of almost £1600 for a year partially spent as a learner in a group 1 car!

I hadn't realised how much / how fast insurance prices fluctuate... new drivers be aware that the company that's cheapest now is unlikely to still be the cheapest when you pass in a few months time...

On another note, i just rang up to declare my alloys and they didnt charge a penny. result.

Back