DirectLine!

Currently reading:
DirectLine!

Hi All,

Previously I rang to get a quote and eventually the guy on the end said "we don't really want to insure you so no, i'm not gonna give you a quote".

This could be a one off, but then I got a quote yesterday for £1500 more than ANY other insurance company I had looked at i.e. admiral, elephant, adiran flux, chris knott etc.

They must really dislike insuring young drivers, theyre website is pants too and theyre quotation questions are very vague, not that it makes a huge difference.

Based on my experience, I will never recommend them to anyone. If one person has a bad experience they are likely to tell 10+ people, this is me telling 10+ people.

Its called cherry picking and all insurance companies do it some degree. The fact they are not interested in your business suggests they see you and your circunstances as too high a risk........live with it (y)

It doesnt follow that they will see everyone the same way as you though and they will probably be able to offer some very competitive rates to lower risk clients.

Did they advised why they refused to insure you? Depending upon the reason it may possibly be a material fact you need to declair to other insurance companies, most if they don't want your business will out price themselfs, not just refuse to quote.

Does their website allow you to complete a quote?

Did they advised why they refused to insure you? Depending upon the reason it may possibly be a material fact you need to declair to other insurance companies, most if they don't want your business will out price themselfs, not just refuse to quote.

Does their website allow you to complete a quote?

Their website lets me complete a quote for ~£2500.

It was strange, I have literally been in contact with over 20 companies, some most of never heard of, and no one has ever refused at all.

But anyway, a bad experience overall.

Their website lets me complete a quote for ~£2500.

It was strange, I have literally been in contact with over 20 companies, some most of never heard of, and no one has ever refused at all.

But anyway, a bad experience overall.

Tbh they probably done you a favour. Only ever heard of one reasonable claim experience for DL and about 20 bad ones, and I mean horrifically bad! (n)

Back