Forget Comparison sites.. Directline FTW!

Currently reading:
Forget Comparison sites.. Directline FTW!

stu3202

Just brought a fiat panda 100hp after owning a Focus Cmax for a few years and paying basicly 1k a year to insure it.

25yrs old
living in bristol
7years pcb
1 accident 2010
no points
6000k a year
£530.p.a!
BARGIN!

dead chuffed with legal cover, protected no claims, no compulsary excess and a volentary excess of £150, very pleased with the price and service! Highly recommended.

Im 26 only 4y NCB and i can get a much cheaper quote on a comparison site and my Broker is normally around £80 cheaper than them so around £300 for the same cover :p

1K sounds way to expensive,

Adrian Flux used to be the God 3 years ago, now their quoting me £730 for renewal.

A very cursory glance at the comparison site - with the annoying guy, saved me £240. Now £490, Adrian flux FU "we beet any quote..." they couldn't get near it.

28YO
South London
8 Years NCB Protected
Fully comp
£490
150BHP@60mpg

Brokers now just take cheapest quote then add on their fees, not to be trusted. Like bankers

Been using Direct line for as long as I can remember for house, car, pet insurance etc and never had a problem despite a huge vet bill. As we constantly change cars in the family we contact DL a lot to swop/revise policies and it's never a hassle.

Works for me but everyone's different:) (thank f**k!)

are you in a high risk profession? Only think I can think that would make it so high

im 24 and my renewal is looking to be around 2.5k.......erm i dont think I shall be paying that....(again) had quotes of some iffy looking companies on comparison sites for about 1500, so may have to go with that, i still say thats pretty high, to be fair £500 seems bob on for a panda

Will be switching to admiral at the end of the month as they've halved my renewal from directline, have had to make a claim with direct line in the last year and its all gone very smoothly

Will be switching to admiral at the end of the month as they've halved my renewal from directline, have had to make a claim with direct line in the last year and its all gone very smoothly

Be aware that admiral group cover T&C's allow them to use second hand / used parts on your car in the event of a repair ;)

Be aware that admiral group cover T&C's allow them to use second hand / used parts on your car in the event of a repair ;)

I'm kinda not bothered with that, at least they are genuine second hand parts and it has the potential to keep cars on the road which would otherwise be writen off, anything safety critical will no doubt be new

I'm kinda not bothered with that, at least they are genuine second hand parts and it has the potential to keep cars on the road which would otherwise be writen off, anything safety critical will no doubt be new

Won't nessecarily be OEM used parts either. It could be just any old parts from a scrappy so they advised (n)

And I have the right to reject the repair and they can total loss the car.
Let's face it it's all about making insurance more affordable. The contract is to not leave me out of pocket so swapping genuine damaged parts for non genuine in effect leaves me worse off than to start with, so seriously I'm not bothered. Both my cars are getting old now, any significant damage is going to result in a total loss anything else is going to be body work scuffs and scrapes.

And I have the right to reject the repair and they can total loss the car.
Let's face it it's all about making insurance more affordable. The contract is to not leave me out of pocket so swapping genuine damaged parts for non genuine in effect leaves me worse off than to start with, so seriously I'm not bothered. Both my cars are getting old now, any significant damage is going to result in a total loss anything else is going to be body work scuffs and scrapes.

Fair enough, can insist on genuine parts if going through a third parties insurance co, but just saying that they can use used parts if they want. Something I wasn't happy with hence why I left them. Was just putting it out there incase you weren't aware of this.

Back