Technical Quick throttle body question

Currently reading:
Technical Quick throttle body question

JDS82

Gonna clean a punto 3 (evo) s throttle body this week . I'm not going to take it off, but does the butterfly valve opens when I switch ignition on , (not starting the car!) and someone's is pushing the gas pedal? I know you can break the body inside if you push it open with your fingers. So I need to know before I call someone to help me. Thanks ;)

Would not be easyer to just remove it it's normally only a few bolts and then you can see all of the inside fully to clean it
Ok, but does it need new seals/ gaskets when removing? And does the ecu needs to re learn when i disconect the body and then re connected ?

Update: I can confirm that the butterfly valve of the TB does not open when ignition is switched in on position and you push the Gas pedal ( 1.2 punto 3 and evo). So if you want to deep clean it, you wil have to take it off. I did not do this since I don't want to risk to relearn the TB and stumble across issues. So I cleaned it with spraying enough TB cleaner on the valve ( don't push it open with you fingers!) And wiped it clean with some cloth. It has to be good for now. Wil ask local mechanic for more about this in the future.

Throttle bodies dont relearn. Ypu do have to be careful not to drop the fixing bolts and to observe torque settings, The TB is only a lttle more than finger tight. Have a magnet about to secure the bolts,. Ive done our Panda TBs more than twice adn all its done is made things better. I just sprayed carb cleaner until clean and wiped with clean cotton cloth. If you remove with care the gasket which is a thickish neoprene thing seems quite happy to reseal. I do stress dont obver tighten as it would crush the gasket and probably make it u/s. The fiddliest bit is disconnecting wire and pipe clips. The buttfly doesnt open unless the engine is running but you can open it with a lever. Its a little stiff for fingers. Just go steady.

Back