Technical punto tb on cinq

Currently reading:
Technical punto tb on cinq

does anyone know for exact ? i think when the person done the 38 mm TB from the 75 punto, they used the same tophalf.

Could i be save to assume i could use the same tophalf when i change it over to the 32mm tb, as this would save so much work :).

Can someone confirm that i can use the top half 30mm tb.

cheers!

Yes, the top for the 30 and 32 is the same.

But I don't know what you mean by 'saving you so much work'.

You either swap the whole unit over from 30 to 32, or you remove 30. split it in half, connect the top to the 32mm re-fit. Thats actually giving you more work. But, its only two small plastic clips holding the 2 halves together. Either ways its a peice of wee wee

Last edited:
30mm tb shares same top as 32mm
36mm PSA item has slightly different top casting and the bottom half is quite different (full write up on modifying this 36mm TB in next issue of CentoChat)
38mm tb from a Punto 75 i have no hands on experience of, but from reading others you can match the 38mm bottom to a 30 or 32mm top, but will need some slight machining to match the profile (so i have heard).

So for an easy life, get a 32mm tb complete and swap, take about 1/2 an hour tops.

Although while you are at it, you can slim down the shaft and get even more gain from the 32mm TB.

ahh i see i see

ok then i'll just swap the whole unit over,

And what do u mean slim down the shaft :)??

You strip down the TB, remove the butterfly and centre shaft and file it down so its thinner, ie when the the throttle is wide open there is less obstruction in the way, so it potentially flows more air. Quite standard practice on carbs, some diagrams in AG Bell's book '4 stroke performance tuning'. But as a percentage of increase in CSA (cross sectional area) its only a small amount compared to increasing from a 30 to 32mm TB. BUt as GhostWKD wrote 'every little helps' :D

THe good thing about doing this is you are fully stripping down the TB so you get to know how it all works and you give it a damn good clean at the same time. Its always nice bolting on shiney bits :cool:

Just get a Tricker 40mm TB :rolleyes: Job done (y)

However, the Punto 60 32mm TB is bolt for bolt straight swap. you CAN use the top half of the cinq one but the only extra work in using the punto one is disconnecting the fuel lines and reconnecting them. hardly extra work. However, using the punto top will have no benefit over the cinq top. they are the same (y)

Don't you need a new plastic spacer on the bottom?

Was going to fit one to mine, then i couldn't be arsed to i picked up a Tricker unit. (y)

sporting

I have seen sellers breaking punto 60's on ebay, and have been asking around for a price, none got back yet, but then i only asked this evening!

looking for one near me so i can collect, then I can see if if it looks ok or not, not keen on getting one thru post to find its from 1108 or not the right one.

Be warned, asking for a TB from a Punto 60 does NOT mean its the right one. My Punto 60 had a 30mm TB, but it also had the warmer cam from the Punto 75. So i can only assume that FIAT did a bit of mix 'n match, ie smaller TB and warmer cam must give about 60bhp and 32mm TB with std cam also about 60.

So, I would suggest you ask for a 32mm TB, its dot stamped on the back face.

Its stamped, but instead of using a solid number 3 and solid number 2 the numbers are made up from a series of dots, bit like a dot matrix display. So its basically just stamped, but a lot of people (me included) say dot stamped.

sporting

I have seen sellers breaking punto 60's on ebay, and have been asking around for a price, none got back yet, but then i only asked this evening!

looking for one near me so i can collect, then I can see if if it looks ok or not, not keen on getting one thru post to find its from 1108 or not the right one.

Think i've still got my 32mm. Want me to have a look for it? -No spacer, you'll need to get that from FIAT -

Back