Technical punto tb on cinq

Currently reading:
Technical punto tb on cinq

I read somewhere that a punto [60?] throttle body fits the cinq, and is slightly bigger, would that make it slightly more powerful? would it work with a mckcrich chip [when I get one] and most important at the moment, will it work with standard chip? use more petrol??

Nero has one on the 1242 engine, works fine with the standard Cinq ECU, never tried a McKritch chip.

Pete

its a bolt for bolt for the 32mm throttle body just make sure you get the punto spacer too as the cinq spacer will be a 30mm bore :)

the standard cinq one is 30mm and the 60 is 32mm, doesnt sound like much, but like tesco, every little helps :D

the punto 75 throttle body i think is the 38mm, but its not a bolt for bolt, not too sure exactly whats involved as i just havnt got the concentration at this time on a sat morning :eek: :p but info will be about somewhere :eek: :p

The one on Emmas turbo Cinq is from a Citroen Zantia 1.4 Reflex IIRC, I got it from scrap yard for £10.

So best trying any 1.4 PCG car you see.

Got mine from a Pug 106, i 'think' it was a 1.2, but the TU3M engine uses a mixture of Weber and Bosch TB's. They look very similar so make sure when you remove it that it is a Weber.

i don't want to start a new thread :),

Do you know where i can get a gasket for the insulating spacer from the punto 60 tb ?
, well it says in the haynes to fit with a new gasket, but i just phoned a few motorfactor, they don;t seem to have them ot heard of them.

cheers

i don't want to start a new thread :),

Do you know where i can get a gasket for the insulating spacer from the punto 60 tb ?
, well it says in the haynes to fit with a new gasket, but i just phoned a few motorfactor, they don;t seem to have them ot heard of them.

cheers

If you are a member of ClubCento then Fluffy (Mick) can get them, I bought mine 2 weeks ago for 98p, but thats for the 36mm version.

Failing that, get a sheet of gasket paper and make one yourself as Turbociny says. Its easy to do and very useful stuff to have about.

Don't be tempted to use normal silicone sealer, this is not petrol resistant. Proper liquid gasket is fine though.

Back