General punto review

Currently reading:
General punto review

tiffano

hi just wonded if anybody saw the report in the daily star today about grande punto, the car came last in a pole out of 1 to 100, the stilo came 97th.the panda was about 40 something, where do they get this crap servey from,
i love my car it makes me so mad,
x stilo driver loved that car too,
soz but im so mad, there are loads of grandes on the road,more then the other crap whats on the road.:eek:

totally agree, the GP is a wicked car! in my eyes you cant get better for the money (y)

Don't think you should pay too much attention to surveys as more often than not they are biased to reporters/magazines opinions. If the car/bike doesn't push the right buttons etc it gets a slating, I too had a bit of ribbing but I defend Fiat to the extreme. I also have a bike that gets a bit of slating in motorcycling mags for its' looks (They call it the teapot) but at the same time all mags rate it as an underrated bike due to its' performance/reliability. It just doesn't look like the trad superbike racer that most mags drool over. Have to add that top speed is in excess of 150 mph though, so I don't give a damn what press reports say! :whogives:

Who was the journo` who wrote the article? Lets be honest, if you want to read interesting and informed articles regarding motoring and related topics the Daily Star is NOT the place to find them. The only thing printed in that paper that I can accept as fact...... is the date!

lol the daily star, what a great paper in general :rolleyes:

read the auto car review for it rating it as the best car in it class as an overall package and also parkers review giving it 4 and a half stars, the design awards its won, being one of the last 8 for the car of the year award and theres more so meh who really gives a f*ck lol

Go have fun driving it :cool:

I agree with everything you have all said, however, it wasn't on the car, it was a survey on customer satisfaction. The position has absolutely nothing to do with looks, performance, price, etc. It just means that it is GP owners that are moaning more than any other, in a nut shell.

To be totally honest i can sort of understand it, not that i would ever tell anyone else that or put it in a survey.

Rich

lol the daily star, what a great paper in general :rolleyes:

read the auto car review for it rating it as the best car in it class as an overall package and also parkers review giving it 4 and a half stars, the design awards its won, being one of the last 8 for the car of the year award and theres more so meh who really gives a f*ck lol

Go have fun driving it :cool:

Just about sums it up really!

Don't think you should pay too much attention to surveys as more often than not they are biased to reporters/magazines opinions.

Coming from a market research background I can say that the results will depend on who designed the survey, how data was collected, what sample (and sample size) was used, how it was processed, and how it was analysed and presented (i.e. can be biased depending on the reporter). Some people say that market research is just all bullsheet, and sadly I agree to a certain extent. And at the end of all this, it doesn't matter what other people think - if you think your car rocks, then it rocks :slayer:

we buy fiats because they have design flair and stand out from the crowd.but at the end of the day they are no match for japanese build quility and i don,t mean nissan who now use a lot of crappy renault parts (dodgy cam chains etc )fiat make some brilliant looking cars but still need to improve build quility.at the end of the day it doesn,t matter how good a car looks if you have to keep taking it back for warranty niggles you then lose confidence in the car.you take as much pride in a car that is ultra reliable as well as what it looks like.also fiat like many european manufacturers sell alot of pre reg cars at rock bottom prices which then hits second hand values.i bought a pre reg panda with 5 miles on the clock for 5k my local fiat dealer were selling the same car for 7k.i would still always buy a fiat before a french car because they are cheaper and build quility is similar to french cars,the fiats are more individual, but i would prefer to pay a bit more for my fiat and have skoda or jap build quility then they would be world beaters. :)

Ah, So it was the GP ..... Saw it in todays paper and its the Auto express drivers survey. They didn`t specify in the Mail which Punto...

I thought Auto express were pretty thorough though in their surveys, for example the KA with its rust prone bodywork is also at the bottom.

Wonder what let the GP down, Faults? Dealers? or a predominantly young ownership some of whom don`t seem to understand cars?:devil:

( Ducks behind hedge)
:D :D :D

Young drivers, take it easy. Only joking :D . As i said previously i think its just down to the amount of people that have complained, but more importantly, whether the people that complained took part in the survey. Some of them are so biased its unreal and at the end of the day, as someone has already mentioned, if your happy with your car thats all that matters.

Anyway, all the japanese cars have to be written down before anyone else can have a go. :p

Rich

The trouble with surveys (like this forum) is that you either get people complaining like hell because they have a problem, or praising it to the hilt because they love the car (the two are actually not mutually exclusive).

I get invited now and again to complete a What Car? survey - if my car is OK and nothing much is exciting me about it then I pass on the opportunity. If I have just had a problem with it then I would be more likely to complete the survey (to the detriment of the car). Maybe if I have had a great run in the country and nothing fell off or rattled I might even complete the survey praising the car. But, in general, I find that customer apathy reigns.

So ignore surveys; unless EVERY car owner was questioned about what they thought about their car, then the results are, by their very nature, skewed.

Wonder what let the GP down, Faults? Dealers?

both.

the survey was a satisfaction survey completed by owners.

an owner is not really qualified to make a comment about their own car, how can they say it is better than anything else unless they have owned both? however an owner is qualified to say if they were satisfied, and from a manufacturer's perspective, customer satisfaction is more important than build quality or styling or indeed anything else.

so you have to ask yourself, why arent GP customers as satisfed as the owners of at least 99 other cars?

satisfaction is all about meeting expectations. obviously many people who buy a GP find it does not meet their expectations.

what do people expect from a GP? i dont know. for me, i know its a cheap car so i'd expect cheap materials. i know its a fiat so i'd expect electrical faults and useless dealers. i know its a new car so i'd expect teething troubles for the first couple of years at least. but then, my expectations are very realistic, so i wouldnt be disappointed. obviously not everyone was as realistic.

Last edited:
You all do realise they were talking about the OLD Punto and NOT the Grande Punto? The new Punto is too new to feature in a Auto Express Driver Power survey. It's barely a year old!

Just about to say the same! Bought Auto Express earlier, it is definitely the OLD punto.

Back