Off Topic Punto MK2 roof bars/cycle carriers

Currently reading:
Off Topic Punto MK2 roof bars/cycle carriers

Wakemo53

Hi guys.

I'm getting properly in to mountain biking at the moment and as such I have just got myself a nice shiny new bike.

However it's rather difficult fitting a bike (or two when I go with a friend!) in the back of my 3 door MK2 punto.

I've looked at rear mounted cycle carriers but due to the rear light being at the sides and high up I haven't managed to find one that I can use without getting a lighting board, which requires all sorts of wiring and preparation that I'm not prepared to do.

So I am now looking in to roof bars and a cycle carrier to go on top. I can't seem to understand what type of roof bars I need for my car?
I know 3 door and 5 door racks are different but I can't find any for the 3door.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-I've also attached a pic of my car for clarification. It's a 53 plate Fiat Punto Active (5 million).
- Yes I know it's really dirty in the pic but it is nice and clean now! :)

Attachments

• 2014-03-15 10.09.40.jpg
    2014-03-15 10.09.40.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 135
you can get them as my window cleaner has some on his 3 door
halfords?ebay? amazon? there were some in my local scrappies a few months back

s and b: Yeah I've seen pics online of the 3 door with bars but I can't find any that specify that they will fit my car and I don't fancy buying some for them not to fit then to return them and try again, just seems like a lot of effort.
I've checked on ebay and amazon and ebay have some that look as though they will do the job but again if they don't then it's really difficult to return on ebay. I intend on popping to halfords at the weekend to have a look and ask them for some advice.
atom0007: I've checked the car over and it's all fine so I shouldn't have a problem with mounting or anything like that :) I just need bars to fit the car.

I've got the proper Fiat roof bars on my mk2b. Only problem is I've a five door and I have the three door bars.
The three door still go on the five door but they clamp onto the back door windows and prevent back doors from opening.
Still work fine though as I carry a two part ladder on them. Don't know how to post a picture . .

I've got the proper Fiat roof bars on my mk2b. Only problem is I've a five door and I have the three door bars.
The three door still go on the five door but they clamp onto the back door windows and prevent back doors from opening.
Still work fine though as I carry a two part ladder on them. Don't know how to post a picture . .

You cant post till you've reached 5 posts tho

If you u use the full editor reply box - there is a paperclip next to smiley face
Click that - upload photo

Then click paperclip again and then click the image you wish to insert

Ziggy

I bought mine from ebay they were £65 and im happy with them so far i made mine zebra but they come blackImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1396630400.596082.jpg :)ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1396630333.502486.jpg

A few little bits like a badgeless grill took the bump strips off and punto badge off. I put an arbarth badge instead of a fiat one one the back ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1396633877.202620.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1396633903.654802.jpg
A couple of photos :)

Back