Technical Punto MK2 Lowering

Currently reading:
Technical Punto MK2 Lowering

What is the maximum drop on standard shocks for a punto mk 2? Please help! and also, are shortened shocks expensive?

where is the best place to get the springs put on properly and roughly how much will it cost?

So u can lower a mk2 50mm on 17s right, but does this also apply to 5 door models?

the lowest i would really go with just using springs and standard dampers is 35mm or 40mm pushing it. i have heard and seen people who have put 50mm on standard dampers and they dont last very long and the ride quality is poor (n)

got fiat punto mk2B, looking to lower it 50mm, with standard 15", will this b ok? will it rub with people in the back? or rub at all anywhere? can anyone help please?

Last edited:
will the wheels catch when i put on full lock? or any other problems ther may be? please can someone help

Last edited:
fantastic, will see how it goes, just really wanted to see if it would rub with people in the back or anywhere else, will see how it goes, when its done, cheers

I have an1.9 JTD and doing a bit of research have found that Eibach make some lowering springs which are progressive. Has anyone tried these?
Also looking at a remap and found a company Angel tuning will do for 300 and put it back for free if you sell car. They reckon 120 is best as anymore and car becomes undriveable? any thoughts anyone

Hi mate,

Welcome to the Forum! (From a fellow JTD owner!)

Yep 120BHP is about all you want. Also about 200Ftlb torque. Much more and you will start eating clutches, and there arnt many uprated clutches available for the punto JTD. Its either a custom one, or use the one off the stilo.
I cant recomment re-mapping the JTD enough. It really transforms it. There are other companies out there, such as GSR who infact are holding a Roling Road day in Watford Hertfordshire on the 3rd of Feb where you can get your car rolling roaded and Remapped for £199. There are lots of people from this forum going, aswell as me!

As for the Eibach springs, I havent seen the progressive ones personally, but have heard that they are good. The JTD sits quite low anyway so its best not to drop too much otherwise you end up going through sumps (which are more expensive than most)

Hope that helps,
Alan

Hi Alan
Yes that is v usefull. I am on 105k with this engine, still does 0 to 60 in 10.1 and original clutch. Main dealer told me clutch was going 45k ago. I am not heavy on clutches though! Perhaps a Stilo Clutch will be just around the corner for me then. Is Clutch a big job as I do most of my own work?
I am just nearing replacement of all four tyres on standard metal rims so looking at upgrading to Alloys. I see lots of guys going for 17's for the look but I do 600 miles a week so need reasonable ride. Having said that ride now is very soft. I was thinking that a 16X7 rim would be about right with 195X45X16 Toyo T1R?

whats up? first post right here, anyway just a quick question, would it not be better to lower the front more than the rear as the car sits lower over the rear wheels anyway. if i lowered my punto 40mm all around would it still sit lower on the rear wheels??:confused::confused:

whats up? first post right here, anyway just a quick question, would it not be better to lower the front more than the rear as the car sits lower over the rear wheels anyway. if i lowered my punto 40mm all around would it still sit lower on the rear wheels??:confused::confused:

Yes technically it does mate! get 35/15 if you want it to level out or there are 35/35 springs or 50/40 springs i think maybe 50/50. Cost about £100 from www.potn.com

If you wanna go lower you will need a high budget of about £450 for some coilovers which lower up to 90 on front and approx 60 on the back

Back