Technical Punto hgt new hydraulic tappet ticking

Currently reading:
Technical Punto hgt new hydraulic tappet ticking

tomerzhr

hello'
after my hgt starting to drinking oil i decided to replace the valve seal stem and the lifters to get a quite engine also.
after replacing the lifters in the garage the lifter make noise worst then before!
after im driving the car like 70 km its still noisy.
im using 10w60 castrol edge oil.
my question is that there's and method to close the camshaft locked by mm or just close them tight?
mybe because of that they are tapping?
please help!

Could be the cam variator, they are easily damaged when the oil level gets low.
Recheck cambelt timing
Check oil pressure

i replaced for new variator, new cambelt, and the head engine was taking off and cleaned with new surface.

We are grup of 10 hgts all of them use 10w60 a years now because the imagination to Alfa engine according to some fiat techniques it's good to the variator!

And the tapping becomes worse after driving and the oil became hot!

Viscosity is 10 when cold but increases to 60 when hot.

This is not correct. in simple terms the first number is the actual cold viscosity of the oil and the second number is the equivilent single grade oil hot viscosity. The oil still gets thinner when hot but in this example it will be as good as hot 60 weight oil.

Robert G8RPI.

This is not correct. in simple terms the first number is the actual cold viscosity of the oil and the second number is the equivilent single grade oil hot viscosity. The oil still gets thinner when hot but in this example it will be as good as hot 60 weight oil.

Robert G8RPI.

Yes I could have phrased that better (y)

60 does seem a bit heavy for hydraulic lifters. These work on tiny oil feed holes and don't like thicker oils. Remember, the thicker oil does not mean better, film strength is not reliant on thickness. As an extreme comparison, a light machine oil compared to tar. Tar will have a very high viscosity number, is still 'oil', but the light oil like water will be better.

When hydraulic lifters were introduced by Rover, it was important that they were always stored and transported upright. If laid down, oil inside would leak out, creating potential airlocks inside. The fix was to compress them fully, in an oil bath, then release them gently to refill them. It is possible that one or more of your lifters have an air pocket and need this removing.

Or worse, there may be an oil supply issue with one or more lifters.

hello'
after my hgt starting to drinking oil i decided to replace the valve seal stem and the lifters to get a quite engine also.
after replacing the lifters in the garage the lifter make noise worst then before!
after im driving the car like 70 km its still noisy.
im using 10w60 castrol edge oil.
my question is that there's and method to close the camshaft locked by mm or just close them tight?
mybe because of that they are tapping?
please help!

As already suggested, check your oil pressure. Your engine is worn so even if the oil pump is OK you will not be getting good oil pressure. A worn engine is also going to make your oil dirty quite quickly. Hydraulic lifters need regular oil changes because the holes feeding the pistons are very small and easily blocked.

As it stands I think an oil change is the easiest thing to try. I too would have thought that the lifters are taking to long to get the oil in and out.
Our V70 D5 runs on 0W30.

I was checking the cam timing all good.
We open the valve gasket and check the lifters by turning the camshaft all seem good and now we are searching after the one that have gap and ticking!

Back