Technical Punto GT vaccum lines

Currently reading:
Technical Punto GT vaccum lines

TheAutopsy

Hi guys, I bring you some questions about my punto GT. Im chasing some vaccum lines and some "improvements".
I have serveral questions.

1st- I have a manual boost controler, and I have the pierburg valve electricaly connected but I also have a vaccum pipe going to the intake. Should It be connected?
1681677994265.png

2nd- I did the "free turbo mod" from the old punto sport forum, where the boost controler is conected to the intake to help bleed the air quicker from the intercooling piping.
1681678356520.png

I went after this.
But there was some debate about where to connect the intake side. What confuses me is this statement "There are 4 points direct off the inlet you can use either of the two on the right hand side aslong as you T them in someplace else."
I did this, is it ok?
1681678458872.png

I used a T on the lower vacum port of the intake that goes to the fuel rail.

3rd - Im thinking about replacing the original recirculating valve, its 27 years old and I keep getting an open circuit error.
I was thinking about intalling a blow off valve, this type
1681678692430.png

But the original is this thing
1681678723617.png

Where do I connect the new one? On the intake pipe that goes to the turbo or on this pipe (the one Im grabing on the pic)?
1681678773471.png

I hope I made the questions clear enough. Any help is apreciated.

so to replace the recirc with a dump you want to connect the dump valve here with a bit of hose.
image_2023-04-17_121616622.png

Don't throw away that pipe or cut it, it was hard to find one of them 10 years ago when i had a GT. remove the recirc valve from the other end and blank off the hole.

vac lines wise it doesnt really matter where you go from, all the lines have the same vacuum in. When i did this to my GT I used the vac lines from the pierburg valve and just left that valve sat there with no lines on. I don't remember exactly where the line went, i feel it went to compressor side of turbo - and tbh the nearer you get it to the compressor housing on the turbo the quicker it will respond, it was decade ago but follow the lines and you can just use them, then you don't have to T anything at all, just moving from pierburg to manual bleed valve.

Thank you so much for the response Blu.
Just 2 more things.
The recirculating vavle has a vacum line. If I put the new one where you said, i will have to extend that vacum line to reach the blow off right?
And the other thing I should do is cap off the pierpurg exit that goes to the Y right?

yeah neatest thing to do is buy a few silicone vac line caps, always good to have some spares, stick on of them on the y-piece to block it. but essentially yes you need to just block that off.

and yes, extend line from recirc valve to dump valve.

I actually did the opposite of this on mine, it came with a dump valve and put a recirc back on, I used one off a saab should you ever want to go back, i don't recall which but they probably use same in loads of cars, that era would be under GM ownership so really will be generic - anyway it looks jus the same but internally they are all metal whereas the fiat one is plastic. Just a little bit of random knowledge i remember from back then.

Back