Votes: 16 53.3%
  • turbo cinq

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • or somthing else

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

eskimo_god

They really smell bad
as the sig says I'm thinking about turbo'n my cinq but also thinking about a punto gt and cant decide:eek:

punto would be cheaper and potential for more power but the cinq might be more fun and stealthy but maby more unreliable

please help:cry:

tbh i think a punto is a pretty boys car a cinq is a real car

turbo cinq you no it makes sence(y)

Hmm...considering the cost it would take to buy + turbo a Cinq, you could buy a Punto GT for the same (possibly even less) money. On paper, a turbo Cinq ca. 100bhp would be in a similar ballpark to a standard GT, maybe the Cinq would be a touch quicker.

Also, can you justify spending more money than the car is worth?

Also, can you justify spending more money than the car is worth?

thats the thing would cost near enouth £2000 to turbo the cinq well and then theres how much it cost me in the first place (£800)

could easily pick up a PGT for £2000 in good nick
and i have found this
http://www.qtip.co.uk/eprom/

might be able to get the parts on the website for around £400 (boost control, air filter,bov i have fron old car)
would be almost runing 170 bhp which would make me happy :D

my mind might be made up unless someone tells me why i shold keep the cinq

could insure the PGT easily around £900 thats not shopping around haven't got a quote for the turbo cinq so that might be the deciding factor

turbo cinq, far more fun. it's a better starting engine than the PGT's old heavy lump. FIRE = good.

i hated my punto. It went from A to B. Ok, it wasn't a turbo - but it wasn't still a punto and not very good!

gonna have a ring round tomorow. just out of interest what insurers are turbo cinq people with?

tbh i think a punto is a pretty boys car a cinq is a real car

Are you stupid? :rolleyes: Cinq is a pretty girls car :p

Ide say punto GT. Simply becuase of the reliability of turbo cinqs. If its power you want then Ide also say Punto GT, They have more power as standard and have massive tuning potential. The engine is designed to take the turbo and the power it produces and isnt just a bolt on kit like a turbo cinq.

Yes, a turbo cinq would be more "stealthy" but ital blow head gaskets and pistons left right and centre and will jsut generaly **** you off :)

Are you stupid? :rolleyes: Cinq is a pretty girls car :p

Ide say punto GT. Simply becuase of the reliability of turbo cinqs. If its power you want then Ide also say Punto GT, They have more power as standard and have massive tuning potential. The engine is designed to take the turbo and the power it produces and isnt just a bolt on kit like a turbo cinq.

Yes, a turbo cinq would be more "stealthy" but ital blow head gaskets and pistons left right and centre and will jsut generaly **** you off :)

Well, to be fair, it only seems to be the higher boost turbos that have problems - the lower boost turbos have relatively little problems.

can't really make such blanket statements re insurance. only way to know is to get quotes.

Well here is my thinking behind it.

Firstly a stnd punto gt is a group 14 insurance (IIRC) and hence will already be loaded for turbo and power, braking capabilities etc etc.

Cinq is a group 2/3/4 dependant on which insurance company. Now you add a turbo kit to a cinq they are gonna load the policy to cover that modification. Usually around 50% extra plus something for the extra bhp. Then you have your induction kit (10%), throttle body (15%) camshaft (15%) etc etc....... its gonna work out more expensive because the insurance company will add percentages upon percentages. GT will be cheaper to insure.

Ross

£332 for cinq with elephant (old git aint i?)
£546 for punto gt with elephant.

There is no chance that a turbo cinq is gonna cost less than £550 with all mods declared, since its probably gonna have new wheels and suspension, strut braces and all sorts.

Ross

p.s. just done those quotes there just now :D

Back