• Bare white paintwork

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abarth-esque Panda stripe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liquid Knight

Distinguished member
My Panda Fizz stripes are looking a little tired and old.

I could replace them but she's a high mileage not very rare car that's in daily use. I could remove the tired graphics and run the car bare or fit a set of red "Panda" stripes I bought by mistake when I had "Guff II". They are Abarth style with Panda written instead of Abarth or 500.

So the question is...

Tired Fizz stripes.
Bare.
Try to find new Fizz stripes.
Abarth

...what would suit the car best?

I still have a 1242 60 block with 75 head and cam' in my shed and the Fizz is spi so should be a straight swap, and the wider Fiorino wheels ready to fit.

So basically the real question is do I make the high mileage Fizz a project or keep standard? I don't usually worry about ascetics but the Abarth strip will be a bit "show" shall I make the car go?

Gzn3axIM.jpg

!BdGccm!Bmk~$(KGrHqIOKkYEq4Did7j6BK3bBjos3Q~~_12.JPG

Well I vote for the Fizz graphics - renewed or just keep the old ones!

Fizz's may not be rare but I only ever met another one at a meet once.

Besides that red stripe will clash with the green interior whereas the original graphics match nicely.

Oh and good luck finding a replacement Fizz graphic - I never found a set and they did come in 3 colours too.

Oh and good luck finding a replacement Fizz graphic - I never found a set and they did come in 3 colours too.

I was going to get mine scanned and cut from new material.

I'm inclined to keep the car as original as possible and she's a good old bus as standard; but I can hang with the best of them on the "B" roads but loose out on the straight bits. Everyone knows Pandas are more fun within the speed limit than modern stuff and double it but if I want to play with the big boys (track days etc) I'll either need to modernise my Fizz or get the FTO taxed making the Fizz surplus.

Would anyone like the red Panda Abarth-esque stripes? If I give them away they're no longer part of the equation. ;)

Yes !! they came this morning.

I cant thankyou enough, very kind of you. Please come and say hello at a show or similar, i owe you a drink !

So how did this one go? Still running old decals, new ones or went bare?

The Fizz I'm looking at is bare, but I'll probably look at a fire badge if I get it. Obviously the classic Pandas are still around, but the actual Fizz models are starting to get a bit thin on the ground - only 34 left on the road as far as the How Many Left website shows!

Not sure if it would be worth getting new decals for it or not!

Back