General punto gt fmic

Currently reading:
General punto gt fmic

BoostGT2

hey people really need sum help here!

just got a saab intercooler for my gt its off a 9000 turbo, (inlet.oulet on one side)
and put it on yday had it mounted lovely and kinda "mock" plumbed it in" had it running and on test drive it lagged like hell! mine cuts in usually about 2900rpm and it didnt cut in until like 3500rpm? is this usual!? im not running a chip or upped boost?! just a freeflow mongoose exhaust/dcat and piperx filter..

also where the hell can i mount the oil cooler?
thanks

well i just thort fmic........would equal more power? and i was going to up the boost with an adjustable boost controller? not alot more boost just a little i wanted to chip it but its done nearly 120k and i was advised not to chip it if it had done over 100k?
if you people think the intercoolers a waste of time il just sell it on lol.

Only increase the boost if you are going to increase the fuel.

Do not do this manually yourself as you will go lean striaght away and overheat/damage the engine. Instead go to a mapping company and say what you want done, you dont have to increase the boost all the way and the mapper can ensure you have the right mix so not to damage the engine.

People saying not to modify a 100,000 mile engine are telling an half truth, Do not modify a 100,000 mile engine yourself, let a professional do it on a rolling road.

:bang:

To be honest mate, fmic isnt going to do much for you unless like the others have said your going to be doing more mods! It does look good though, but choice is yours. personally i'd sell it on and reduce the lag.

hey people really need sum help here!

just got a saab intercooler for my gt its off a 9000 turbo, (inlet.oulet on one side)
and put it on yday had it mounted lovely and kinda "mock" plumbed it in" had it running and on test drive it lagged like hell! mine cuts in usually about 2900rpm and it didnt cut in until like 3500rpm? is this usual!? im not running a chip or upped boost?! just a freeflow mongoose exhaust/dcat and piperx filter..

also where the hell can i mount the oil cooler?
thanks
Hi BoostGT2, could you please send me some pics of how you connected the saab fmic? I'm really struggling with mine. Thank you!

Back