Technical Punto Active Mk2 exhaust centre pipe?

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Active Mk2 exhaust centre pipe?

I agree trying to sound deep never works. Go for the rally sound.

As for power gains - worry about that when you've got a set of forged pistons, rally cam flowed head, larger throttle body, proper tubular manifold, sports cat and remapped or Supersquirt ECU.

With the cost of that lot (plus insurance loading) you wont care about the exhaust back box. Anyway the Sportex manifold should work fine with the Ashley box. All the serious tuning happens up front anyway.

Yes exactly, I preferred Ashley after hearing it on YouTube, it suited punto best, But after reading that some people experienced 1 or 2 horse pulls with the sportex I was having second thoughts!?!

its much clearer now!! Thanx!

Really wish I could do all that with this engine for power gain without the load of insurance and some extra cash!!LoL but then in future I might buy a more spec full punto engine like HGT Abarth and then think of improving performance, which I don't suppose will be neccesary because it should already come well equipped anyway!

but in a month or two for this car I'll try fixing a tubular manifold and do them minor tweeks etc.. to gain that little performance to make it run better than it does at the mo, but for now just the exhaust and also thinking of induction kit, I'm just getting the filter, k&n or pipercross!?! already got the flexi steel hose and clamps though!!

As always, thanx for the info, much appreciated!!

Have a great one!

Last edited:
I was trying to say all that lot costs so much it would not matter what the rear box cost. If you are not doing all that lot (which makes sense) pretty much any rear box will be fine.

Dont bother with the tubular manifold unless you can get one cheap and dont forget to ask insurance they usually consider them as performance mods.

Yes of course mate it does makes sense, (please don't get me wrong) otherwise those mods woundn't be available to enhance the engine, all I meant to say is that I would definately like to advance those mods on my punto because it will be my friend for some time but with the insurance build up and the cost of it all together puts me right off, because insurance is already high enough for me due my age and license being 7 months old andgrus 3 points I got for driving on my own with provisional license!!

So I'd only proceed with it as an investment or keep it even long enough to turn it into a collectors car :) when I'll be in a position and have the insurance low enough for my age & experience to buy a more spec full engine, the numbers on the milage would add nothing to it's value, plus there's time till Im able to put my foot down on something that would roar ike a lion and run like a horse! :) for now I gotta think very extra carefully before doing anything to this vehicle because of part time jobby!!

P.S I didn't get the exhaust today because it seems as though even Ashley has to be delivered they don't keep stock in store has to be ordered!:(

Last edited:
Back