Technical Punto 55 sx stereo

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 55 sx stereo

jsmack83

I have recently bought a P reg fiat punto 55 sx and cannot get the stereo to work! it is not in the car's mannuel as it seems to be one the first owner picked to go in and there no other instructions. It has Key Code written on the front of it, obviously relating it to the key code immobliser the car has. It works, but is stuck on one radio staion and none of the other buttons work, it seems to have frozen. I don't have any codes to use to fix it. Can anyone help me? It would be most appreciated!

key code relates to a code you have to put in the stereo if you remove it or cut power(theft detterent).to be honest it sounds like the stereo is knackered,if it didnt work at all i would think it was a wiring fault but some buttons not working is a different matter.does it have a tuning button?find out the make amd model number if you can see it as without an idea of the stereo its hard to guess

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

I'll have a look for the make and model number but I think your right, its probably just knackered. It doesn't play tapes well won't play the tape adapter for personal cd player car kits. Will hopefully repace it with a kenwood cd player, if i can afford it! Thanks anyway

Would love to buy it cheaper than the price halfords want(99) but it includes fitting which I will need as I don't know anyone who would be able to fit it for me!

you dont need fitting!!!!you need 1 stereo and if neede 1 ISO connector(punto guys will tell you if you need one).take out the old one and bin it,put the arial connector on and cables(1 block connector) push it homw nad turn it on.seriously its so easy to fit a head unit

http://cars.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/173101/9145965.html £76.50 delivered.hopefully you dont need an ISO connector and that would pretty much be your total and we can always help with fitting queries.if you fit one now you will never have to pay to get it done again:Deven worth shopping around your local car stereo supplier and haggleing,say you will buy it from them if they fit it for £90 and thats a tenner in your pocket.if you dont feel confident enough

Cheers, had alook at the website and looks a lot better (& cheaper) htan getting it from Halfords. Fortunately there are tons of local car audio shops near me so might see if I can get it done cheap by them, flirt a little, see if that works! Thanks again!

can't understand how people can charge 35 quid to fit one... takes ten minutes to do...

and i don't think you'll need an iso connector, all you'll need is an arial connector but that'll be in the box with the stereo... all you need to do is the cable loom that comes with the stereo, match up the number of cables roughly with the cable on the car's connectors and thats you...

its probly too cover there losses for when they get a car with stereo nicked and loom cut out.
it aint so easy when the looms been pulled out of the dash :D

uno 1.0ie RAAAWW!

Like any boy with a new toy, within 2 minutes of leaving the shop my old stereo had been ripped out out and a nice new Sony X-Pload head in its place :D

Back