Technical Pulling Fuses.. Hints and Tips

Currently reading:
Technical Pulling Fuses.. Hints and Tips

Hi all, ๐Ÿ™‚
IMG_20240415_202355.jpg
IMG_20240423_130121_1.jpg

This is a general question

How have you managed to replace fuses in the cabin fuse board..?

I have not needed to change a fuse in 20+ years, so have never attempted the tiny fuses in the 500 fuses range

Is there a little yellow pincer hidden around the car? ๐Ÿค”
It's the same fuse board as the 500's according to Ebay..

(alfa manual is far from helpful)

I have had several attempts, with various implements

I just cannot grip the fuse
(access is poor)

Anybody like to demonstrate what tool seems to work?

The marvellous additional wire makes me want to pull that fuse and see what it actually powers.. No luck yet!

I can pivot the fuse with a fingertip, just cannot remove it ๐Ÿ˜•

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi to get proper access you might have to remove the glove /shelf -its a bloody stupid design!.
However i managed it by using long nose needle tip pliers however not everyone will have these fair to say any of the little plastic gripping tools are useless here!. If you do manage to change the fuse you should investigate why it has blown in the first place as because access is so[poor you dont want to have to struggle again if it blows all the time!.

Hi to get proper access you might have to remove the glove /shelf -its a bloody stupid design!.
However i managed it by using long nose needle tip pliers however not everyone will have these fair to say any of the little plastic gripping tools are useless here!. If you do manage to change the fuse you should investigate why it has blown in the first place as because access is so[poor you dont want to have to struggle again if it blows all the time!.

That red wire.. Presumably..
Powers non factory additions, hands free, charge ports.. I have yet to discover ๐Ÿ˜•

Thin nosed pliers work quite well. Obvs be careful not to shatter the plastic...

The little yellow tools (often clipped under the OBD port on a 500) supplied by Fiat are often next to useless....
I did spot the one on our Panda this morning ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks like the Alfa and 500 have lost theirs.. Maybe little loss ๐Ÿ˜

Hoping to make a bit of progress with the Alfa,
got doubts about it's 18month old battery, then random Electrical Additions

But.. @800 miles.. in it seems to run ok

So worthwhile chasing the niggles

Back