General Proxi Alignment with U0422 - Inertia function error code

Currently reading:
General Proxi Alignment with U0422 - Inertia function error code

smurphy661

Hi,

I will be replacing my airbag ECU and need to run a Proxi Alignment to match the replacement ECU to the car. However I have the error code 'U0422 - Inertia function' - this is not related to the air bag ECU and this has been on the car since I bought it (about 9 years). This doesn't seem to have any effect on the car at all.

If I run a Proxi Alginment with the U0422 error code present will it work?

Thanks

Hi,

I will be replacing my airbag ECU and need to run a Proxi Alignment to match the replacement ECU to the car. However I have the error code 'U0422 - Inertia function' - this is not related to the air bag ECU and this has been on the car since I bought it (about 9 years). This doesn't seem to have any effect on the car at all.

If I run a Proxi Alginment with the U0422 error code present will it work?

Thanks
I assume you mean the BCM Body Computer Module, I had to fit a new one to my daughters Punto Evo after a previous owner shorted it when trying to repair a passenger seat sensor. Mine was a brand new part, if yours is also and you have correctly run the "proxi alignment" then I wouldn't have thought you would develop other faults. If a s/h one then maybe it came from a crashed vehicle hence "inertia code"?
Sometimes people on Forum say they had to run program twice before deleting any other codes when using MES program, I was using Snap On and had no issues.

I assume you mean the BCM Body Computer Module, I had to fit a new one to my daughters Punto Evo after a previous owner shorted it when trying to repair a passenger seat sensor. Mine was a brand new part, if yours is also and you have correctly run the "proxi alignment" then I wouldn't have thought you would develop other faults. If a s/h one then maybe it came from a crashed vehicle hence "inertia code"?
Hi,

I will be changing the airbag ECU not the BCM. I haven't started the change yet. The U0422 error code is not related to the faulty airbag ECU as it has been present for 9 years. The airbag error code and dash light has only just come on - the airbag ECU was checked and confirmed to be faulty.

My question is - If I run a Proxi Alginment for the replacement airbag ECU with the unrealated U0422 error code present will the Proxi Alignement be successful?

Thanks

Hi,

I will be changing the airbag ECU not the BCM. I haven't started the change yet. The U0422 error code is not related to the faulty airbag ECU as it has been present for 9 years. The airbag error code and dash light has only just come on - the airbag ECU was checked and confirmed to be faulty.

My question is - If I run a Proxi Alginment for the replacement airbag ECU with the unrealated U0422 error code present will the Proxi Alignement be successful?

Thanks
On the 2010 Punto Evo the BCM did all the airbag and seat sensor stuff and was in the lower centre of the dash in front of the gear lever, the main ECU was in the engine compartment and there was no other one, so sounds different to yours.
I would probably try deleting any codes, then try proxi alignment to identify all airbag components, then recheck for any other codes.
Just a thought as yours is an older vehicle does it have an inertia cut out sensor/switch separate to the computer. Your u0422 code does indicate a communication issue, something not talking to the BCM.
Maybe someone else here has more specific knowledge when using Fiat multiecuscan or what you are using as I have only used the Snap On Zeus tool of my friends. There is a specific MES user section on Forum.

Back