General Fiat Bravo several errors

Currently reading:
General Fiat Bravo several errors

thaiss

Hello everyone!

A few days ago I started having problems with my Fiat Bravo 198 1.4TJet 150HP.

I had the following errors while driving, all at once:
- Hill holder not available
- Engine failure warning light
- ESP system warning light
- the ASR button is disabled, and I can't turn it back on
- the temperature gauge suddenly dropped (and stays there)
- the fan turns on and does not turn off

Since many things failed at the same time, we thought it was a battery failure, but the car started fine and today it showed about 12.2V off and 13.8V on.

We have changed the temperature sensor, and we have disconnected and reconnected the battery, and everything remains the same.
The brake lights work correctly.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thank you in advance!!

Hello everyone!

A few days ago I started having problems with my Fiat Bravo 198 1.4TJet 150HP.

I had the following errors while driving, all at once:
- Hill holder not available
- Engine failure warning light
- ESP system warning light
- the ASR button is disabled, and I can't turn it back on
- the temperature gauge suddenly dropped (and stays there)
- the fan turns on and does not turn off

Since many things failed at the same time, we thought it was a battery failure, but the car started fine and today it showed about 12.2V off and 13.8V on.

We have changed the temperature sensor, and we have disconnected and reconnected the battery, and everything remains the same.
The brake lights work correctly.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thank you in advance!!
Apart from the temperature gauges and fan , i have all could it be the auxiliary belt on your case? Is at start up?

If you get such a huge pile of faults showing my money would all go on imminent battery failure. The battery went on my Bravo and I think all the warning lights were on some flashing others not. New battery cured them all. Its worth checking alternator output before spending out though. Dont think just because the battery looks to be OK that it is. These days things are no longer that straight forward.

If you get such a huge pile of faults showing my money would all go on imminent battery failure. The battery went on my Bravo and I think all the warning lights were on some flashing others not. New battery cured them all. Its worth checking alternator output before spending out though. Dont think just because the battery looks to be OK that it is. These days things are no longer that straight forward.
Thank you, I think I will replace my battery, and then if the problem is still there, I will check other things. What I can't understand is why it seems to be working well, but it might not.

Thank you!

My Panda had a battery that showed 12.4 volts. One cell must have failed adn it was as dead as a door post. It helf 12.4v after being discarded, for a month before finally going flat. It had all the warning lighs lit up! Nothing else worked. When you have a whole range of faults that cannot be a realistic thing its most often battery, battery connections or earthing that is the problem. If you have a volt meter you can read the battery voltahe cold, and after starting, and with the engine running. COld you should expect no less than 12.8 volts Once the engine is running hte alternator should raise this to a constant 14.4 approx. It should maintain this with the lights and heated rear window switched on if the alternator is working. If it cannot do this suspect the alternator. Panda battery after two weeks parked up is 12.8. After the car had been running and is switched off it is 13.8 Hope this helps

When the Bravo gives you these errors its a power problem. Battery, alternator etc. i have been there more than once.

Back