Qubo Proxi alignment failed

Currently reading:
Qubo Proxi alignment failed

Hi @Farrah,
The B&M module would not accept the new files. I left my 'phone in the house, put the flash drive into the car's USB socket, then turned the ignition key to MAR. After about 6-8 seconds, the display showed UPDATING and a voice message came from the B&M system saying "update started". After a further 10 seconds, the display showed USB ERROR 10 accompanied by the voice message "update error: check the USB memory contents and try again".
I tried twice more, and twice again with a different flash drive, but kept getting the same messages. Both flash drives were different from the ones I used the other week to extract the BMConfig files and had been formatted (clean!) to FAT32 on my Windows PC before copying the latest files.
It's disappointing. I assume that other Bluetooth devices (sat nav, smartwatch) would not interfere with the update - let me know if they might.
Could it be that the software on the B&M module needs an earlier update than v.9? Clutching at straws!
Thanks

Hi,
I think you may be right and i just tried too much in one go.........it is new territory for me.....I changed the car to a qubo on the XML file before upping it up to the blueandme.net site.......maybe I should have just left the config file as it was but selected Qubo on the chart........

What I will do is take your original BMConf file as is and send it through to theblueandme site as is rather than doing the usual 'cheat' mod I do for changing the sat nav to get V10 software...........

It is not a big problem if you get error 10 it jst means the update files were rejected so nothing will have changed on the cars software.....

I will send you over a new set of update files and likely we will have to do this for a few times.........you need to be diligent in clearing out the flash drive and making sure you control the group of files as they will probably download with the same file names..........if you can go into your computer download main file and delete whatever you have received so far so when the new files come over there is no conflict in duplication....

I have been in touch with a previous member who I helped when they installed a used BM module and experienced no problems as we updated it to take a tomtom2, but that was a module from a 500 to a 500........here with yours we have to overcome how to get the module to a qubo status..........the fact you got the initial 'UPDATING' message to me is at least a good sign we have talking between the cars USB and the module so yes I agree maybe tried to update too much in one go..........

Will send over tomorrow now as have to get your original file from the initial email to upload as you sent it......

Regards

Yes - it was encouraging to see and hear the update messages. I shall reformat the flash drives before each download - I have now freed up four of them. Identifying the sequence of downloads won’t be a problem - they appear in date order in File Explorer. Thanks again.

Hi, I have just sent via the web a new set of stage 2 files....this time I did not modify the BMConf file to a qubo and just uploaded it exactly as it came so likely we will still be showing 500 but at least we can see if the module then can be updated and if we can get it to the latest level then we can just perform the qubo change last....I probably tried to do too many tweeks to the BNConf file to get V10 software and maybe the current software level is very early so best just do one step at a time and at least this will test if the module is accepting any communication for updating.......

The BMConf file contains a unique BDAddress serial number which I have always assumed was the blueandme module address code to write info to..........however this number may be the cars BODY module address and gets changed when a proxy alignment is done..........this means a bit of a catch22 should this be the case as we have a disconnect as the BMConf file technically is not showing your cars BODY module address but the car it came from............obiviously this is all a bit of supposition on my part as I said new territory when a used module has come from a different car so inside software programming different.......

Thank you @Farrah. I tried the new set of stage 2 files today, but got the same error messages about 15 seconds after the ‘UPDATING’ / “update starting” messages.
I tried again a few times and even re-downloaded the file set and re-formatted the flash drive to FAT32. Still no joy. Please do you have any other rabbits to pull out of your hat, or am I just stuck with a flashing odo?
At least this update attempt took a little bit longer before returning the error messages.

Thank you @Farrah. I tried the new set of stage 2 files today, but got the same error messages about 15 seconds after the ‘UPDATING’ / “update starting” messages.
I tried again a few times and even re-downloaded the file set and re-formatted the flash drive to FAT32. Still no joy. Please do you have any other rabbits to pull out of your hat, or am I just stuck with a flashing odo?
At least this update attempt took a little bit longer before returning the error messages.
Hi, Obviously the BDAddress is the unique number for the car body module and probably gets uploaded to the BMConf.xml during PROXY alignment and I suspect the BDAddress showing in the BMConf file you downloaded belongs to the Fiat500 the module came from so we are in that catch22 not being able to correct/update the BM module. So I believe the key is to dig deeper into why the BM module cannot be proxy aligned.......it may be a main dealer has to delete current data in the BM module first but I do not know this.....

What I would try before spending out at a main dealer is if it is in an easy accessible place is to put back in your old BM module then see if we can extract the BMConf file from the original module. If we can then I can modify the XML file before uploading to the blue and me net site with your original BDAddress......you can then swap back the modules and try the update process again........

The only other option is you send your original one off for a repair to the company.......I have put a post up showing the most common faults with the BM module and how it can be opened up and cleaned and generally this has cured 90% of problems and is a DIY internal clean of the contacts etc......obviously if it is a software issue with the BM module the company I named in that post charges a fixed fee of £120.......

I would like to prove though the flashing mileage is BM module related which appears obvious at the moment as the replacement module has given up its contents as a Fiat 500 so we know that is not correct. However if you disconnect the BM module and it is not being recognised on Proxy alignment so switched out then you should not have flashing mileage as the BM module was an option.....

I cant help on the proxy alignment as dont fully understand this or have the equipment as I really just do the BlueMe module fixes for the sat nav and phones from downloads from the Blueandme.net website........more than happy though to try to help but no rabbits.

I would though prefer to know that before you spend out too much on the BM module you get your mileage to stop flashing with it disconnected first....

@Farrah
Thanks - I shall try swapping back my old B&M module at the earliest opportunity (probably next week) to attempt extracting the BMConfig file.

@portland_bill
Hi. Do you think that a proxy alignment with the B&M module disconnected would stop the flashing odo? If so, is this something we could try please at a mutually convenient time?

@Farrah
Thanks - I shall try swapping back my old B&M module at the earliest opportunity (probably next week) to attempt extracting the BMConfig file.

@portland_bill
Hi. Do you think that a proxy alignment with the B&M module disconnected would stop the flashing odo? If so, is this something we could try please at a mutually convenient time?
Hi, no problem will be on hand.......whilst I am not a proxy alignment guru I would suspect that if with the BM module is disconnected and a proxy redone that if the mileage remains flashing the problem lies mainly with an unrelated issue causingg the mileage to flash.....obviously wait to see what portland_bill thinks but I feel you should go through this check........

@Farrah

@portland_bill
If the module is disconnected, a proxy alignment should hopefully be happy, and stop the mileage flashing. This is a bit of guesswork, so might not change anything.
However, if you then reconnect the module, the body computer will see it, and again get upset, and flash the odometer.
There may be an option to tell the body computer that the module is not there, so it will then not look for it, I'll need to have a look through the options. With my Panda, it was originally fitted with front foglights, a useless ornament. I ignored them, until one caught a stone, and broke. I had a choice, replace it, although I'd never use it, remove it and leave holes, or get blank plates for a non-foglamp car, or replace them with daytime running lights, which I did. I told the computer that front fogs were no longer fitted, so pressing the switch is now ignored, instead of bringing up a failure warning. Hopefully there might be such an option for the Blue&Me. Such an action can be reversed when you get a working module.
PM me and we'll sort a meeting.

Hi, no problem will be on hand.......whilst I am not a proxy alignment guru I would suspect that if with the BM module is disconnected and a proxy redone that if the mileage remains flashing the problem lies mainly with an unrelated issue causingg the mileage to flash.....obviously wait to see what portland_bill thinks but I feel you should go through this check........
Hi @Farrah,
I just tried extracting the config files from my old B&M unit but nothing happened. I reconnected the new (500) unit and the config file downloaded within a few seconds.
Regards.

Hi @Farrah,
I just tried extracting the config files from my old B&M unit but nothing happened. I reconnected the new (500) unit and the config file downloaded within a few seconds.
Regards.
AAAGGGHHH!!!! I was hoping if we got that from the old unit we could trick the new unit by changing it in the BMConf file before uploading to the blueandme site for updates......

The problem is I do not know if the last line on the BMConf file is a unique module address of the BlueMe module itself which is written to the cars body module to make the transfer info link when doing a proxy alignment or is the number a unique Body Module address that gets written to the BM module during proxy alignment.......hope that makes a bit of sense.....it has to be one or the other.........

Next steps I think is to do a proxy alignment without the BM module attached and start by making sure the flashing mileage stops as this may also be the trigger to reset the body module..........then try again to pair up the module by reattaching it......

Sorry clutching at ideas here but portland bill wll do the latter for you I am sure.

You can send us your old unit and we will do the internal clean and check (no charge just return postage costs) but do not have the facility for repairing the circuit boards chips........most of the problems which we have had though have been fixed cleaning connections and opening up the module and cleaning up inside........

Last edited:
Hi @Farrah,
@portland_bill ran a proxy alignment on my car‘s system yesterday with the B&M module disconnected. The good news is that the odometer flashing stopped, so confirming that the issue is entirely due to the B&M unit. When we reconnected the module, the flashing returned. @portland_bill repeated the alignment procedure but this registered a failure (I can’t remember the error message) and so didn’t stop the flashing.
So the flashing odometer issue remains. The B&M module is functioning almost normally - the only change I noticed on my way home is that the dashboard display no longer announces the title of the tracks played from my smartphone when connected through the USB. Previously, the title would display in the top line above the mileage reading for several seconds before reverting to the date or trip data, depending on what had been selected from the stalk switch. I haven’t yet worked out whether this is a user-configurable option.
My original B&M unit was completely unresponsive to any keys in the car. Shall I send it to you now for checking and cleaning?If so, please send me details in a private message.
Thank you.

Hi,

Well the exercise was worthwhile just to prove the flashing ODO was not caused by something other than the BM module........it may be worth just re looking at the BMConf file in the replacement module to see if it has changed in anyway as it it either a faulty unit as well or there is some specific way that a module has to be 'unprogrammed' before it can be transferred to a different car model.......We have helped several owners who have used breakers modules as a replacement but always have been from a 500 to a 500 and never had this issue......if we could just get the BDAddress code in the conf file off your original module I am sure I could trick the replacement module as we have to do this to take a tomtom2 sat nav.

I will PM you my address but if you still have the files I sent to extract the BMConf file then send over the results again........

Hi @Farrah
Here's the extraction info (same as previously):
<BlueAndMeInfo>

<CarType>500</CarType>

<Configuration>97FC0</Configuration>

<BDaddr>15577_20_2451</BDaddr>

</BlueAndMeInfo>

So shall I now post the old module to you for checking? Thank you.

Hi,

You need to check from where the new replacement B&M module was sourced and if it was a like for like part number........as far as I have come across there are 3 distinctive variants on the B&M options....... the original B&M generation1 module used on Fiats from around 2007 up to 2010, however Alfas and vans lagged a little behind and I have found in these vehicles gen1 modules up to 2012.... then after 2010 they intoduced the B&M generation2 module which is required for the installation of a TomTom2 LIVE B&M and was more friendly playing music from a mobile into the USB slot without the expensive adaptor. The 3rd type module appears bespoke to Fleet Vehicles and interacted with the TomTom2 and fed back vehicle location to a central control. Generally these are removed after vehicle is passed on as we have had a lot of enquiries with 2nd owners of vans with all the BlueMe features apparent on the vehicle but cannot pair up any item because alas there is no standad B&M module been replaced.........

A 2013 Qubo should have a generation2 BLUEME module and the way to check this would be to go into the cluster menu settings, then into USER DATA, use arrow UP to get into ADVANCED FEATURES, then look for IMAGE ID.......however not sure if you have imited functions what you may be able to access......

BYE
Hello,

My B&M is Gen 1 (still trying to establish if dead) and have been told these cannot be fixed. In the event of replacing, can I use a Gen 2 in a Qubo (2010) or do I need a Gen 1?

Pic of serial nos. on mine attached...

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_135620[2305843009214652710].jpg
    IMG_20220507_135620[2305843009214652710].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Hello,

My B&M is Gen 1 (still trying to establish if dead) and have been told these cannot be fixed. In the event of replacing, can I use a Gen 2 in a Qubo (2010) or do I need a Gen 1?

Pic of serial nos. on mine attached...

Thanks.
Hi,

2010 was just on the cusp of changeover from Gen 1 to Gen 2 blue and me modules and I have had to deal with both modules in vehicles 2010 and 2011 even 2012 in respect of campers.....it appears the point of factory line manuafacture is most relevant rather than a registration date or sale date.

I really only get involved in the module updates for installing TomToms to some of the cars and campers that had the useless MagnetiMarelliMAP sat nav so predominantly deal with gen 2 modules.....I have never attempted changing over the module in a vehicle from gen1 to gen2 or even know if the harness connector is even compatible so it is something I would avoid....

I have removed gen 1 and gen 2 modules mainly to check the connections when presented with a dead blue me system and went further on following the internal clean up too of connections and been successful in getting the module working again so not sure why anyone would state they cannot be repaired......

Revtronic is a company who do module repairs so you can google them and I believeupfrontwav has some leads from ebay who does a no fix no fee repair.........to do a full function repair process you would need a test bed mule to prove full functionality which i do not have but sometimes the connections cleaned up is all that was needed.....replacing the circuit boards can be an option but installing faulty microchips is just too difficult as pins are so small.

What are your symptoms of blueme failure as one vehicle we looked at the whole module had just been removed and there was no flashing mileage. Our vehicle blueme failed no supply to dash mount cradle and flashing ODO when we changed the battery but then disconnected left overnight re attached in the morning and everything back to normal. Other vehicles have had faulty speakers mics, USB console and steering wheel buttons so a lot can go wrong not necessarily always the module....

The first thing is while the module is installed is to see if you can connect to get the BMConf file from the module using the vehicles USB with a flash drive,,,,,this also confirms whether a gen 1 or gen 2 module is installed......that said I have had the USB slots just full of biscuit crumbs and dried coffee and once cleaned connection to the module worked......

That said give Revtronic a call,,,,,or add more info on what you have as symptoms

Hi,

2010 was just on the cusp of changeover from Gen 1 to Gen 2 blue and me modules and I have had to deal with both modules in vehicles 2010 and 2011 even 2012 in respect of campers.....it appears the point of factory line manuafacture is most relevant rather than a registration date or sale date.

I really only get involved in the module updates for installing TomToms to some of the cars and campers that had the useless MagnetiMarelliMAP sat nav so predominantly deal with gen 2 modules.....I have never attempted changing over the module in a vehicle from gen1 to gen2 or even know if the harness connector is even compatible so it is something I would avoid....

I have removed gen 1 and gen 2 modules mainly to check the connections when presented with a dead blue me system and went further on following the internal clean up too of connections and been successful in getting the module working again so not sure why anyone would state they cannot be repaired......

Revtronic is a company who do module repairs so you can google them and I believeupfrontwav has some leads from ebay who does a no fix no fee repair.........to do a full function repair process you would need a test bed mule to prove full functionality which i do not have but sometimes the connections cleaned up is all that was needed.....replacing the circuit boards can be an option but installing faulty microchips is just too difficult as pins are so small.

What are your symptoms of blueme failure as one vehicle we looked at the whole module had just been removed and there was no flashing mileage. Our vehicle blueme failed no supply to dash mount cradle and flashing ODO when we changed the battery but then disconnected left overnight re attached in the morning and everything back to normal. Other vehicles have had faulty speakers mics, USB console and steering wheel buttons so a lot can go wrong not necessarily always the module....

The first thing is while the module is installed is to see if you can connect to get the BMConf file from the module using the vehicles USB with a flash drive,,,,,this also confirms whether a gen 1 or gen 2 module is installed......that said I have had the USB slots just full of biscuit crumbs and dried coffee and once cleaned connection to the module worked......

That said give Revtronic a call,,,,,or add more info on what you have as symptoms
Thanks for the info.

B&M stopped working....flashing mileage. Kept getting flat battery, which is a result of failure I gather.

Took car to garage. Told me they got B&M working briefly, which makes me wonder if it has died.

Spoke to a B&M repairer and gave s/n of device. They said this was gen 1 and non-repairable.

Bought MES from Gendan + Red and Yellow cable. Ran a scan, cleared errors then performed Proxy Alignment (Report3 attached). Mileage stopped flashing but no B&M.

Tried to connect to B&M module and got error attached (B&M_Error).

How do I connect via the flash drive?

Thanks.

Attachments

• B&M_Error.png
    B&M_Error.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Report3.pdf
    461.9 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for the info.

B&M stopped working....flashing mileage. Kept getting flat battery, which is a result of failure I gather.

Took car to garage. Told me they got B&M working briefly, which makes me wonder if it has died.

Spoke to a B&M repairer and gave s/n of device. They said this was gen 1 and non-repairable.

Bought MES from Gendan + Red and Yellow cable. Ran a scan, cleared errors then performed Proxy Alignment (Report3 attached). Mileage stopped flashing but no B&M.

Tried to connect to B&M module and got error attached (B&M_Error).

How do I connect via the flash drive?

Thanks.
Hi,

Sounds like it has been a faulty BM module then but was not aware they could not be repaired unless of course it is one that has burnt out.....

To connect to the BM module to see what level software it is or extract the BMConf file from the module you place a few files (special from blueandme.net web) onto a USB flash drive place this in the cars USB and it extracts the contents of the configuration in a file back onto the USB which can be analysed or uploaded to the BMwebsite to get later files for updating.......

Gen1 modules couls only be updated to V5.6 but Gen2 modules were able to go to the last available V10......it is V10 that is required to run a TomTom2 which is why i have to update the cars......

I doubt if the BM module if it is faulty you will get a response but is always the first thing i would do to check there is a communication link especially on Gen 2 modules as it displays your vehicles unique BDAddress code to read write to.

I you want to try it though I can send you the files and process

Hi,

Sounds like it has been a faulty BM module then but was not aware they could not be repaired unless of course it is one that has burnt out.....

To connect to the BM module to see what level software it is or extract the BMConf file from the module you place a few files (special from blueandme.net web) onto a USB flash drive place this in the cars USB and it extracts the contents of the configuration in a file back onto the USB which can be analysed or uploaded to the BMwebsite to get later files for updating.......

Gen1 modules couls only be updated to V5.6 but Gen2 modules were able to go to the last available V10......it is V10 that is required to run a TomTom2 which is why i have to update the cars......

I doubt if the BM module if it is faulty you will get a response but is always the first thing i would do to check there is a communication link especially on Gen 2 modules as it displays your vehicles unique BDAddress code to read write to.

I you want to try it though I can send you the files and process
Thanks Farrah - pl. send the files and process (via pm?)...that would be very helpful. Rgds

Back