Proxy alignment?

Currently reading:
Proxy alignment?

Giuseppe87

Hi, i came across this forum trough the Internet and I hope that this will help me to solve my issue.
I own a alfa giulietta 2.0 jtm 170bhp , beautiful car. It's few months, I'd say even a year that I noticed the mileage flashing and the blue and me not working, i haven't looked in deep cause I wasn't on a rush, recently I came back from Holiday and my car was parked for 3 weeks, a brand new battery died and I read that could be caused by this proxy alignment that is supposed to be done, etc...

Questions is, What exactly must done ? It's just a matter of software update, an online work or a physical part must be replaced?
I contacted alfa in Dublin and this is their response 👇

Thank you Giuseppe,

It looks to be the blue & me unit that is the issue. You would need to replace the unit and the cost is €759.59 +VAT (labour cost included). There is 1 unit available in Dublin at present.
replacement the unit, what do they mean? A physical part? 🤷‍♂️

Many Forum Members on here will be able to advise you better on "Blue& Me" issues.
It is not unusual to get several error messages come up due to low battery voltage issues which would need to be sorted first.
However after that a good diagnostic tool such as used by many on Forum "MES" with suitable leads for your model can do the "proxi alignment" side which hopefully in your case would be using the tool to "tell" the computer to recognise the different components connected to it that it "forgot" when battery voltage went low and deleting any old error codes.
On my daughters Punto Evo I used a Snap On Zeus diagnostic tool to do the "proxi alignment" after fixing a problem and fitting a new BCM (body computer)

Back