General Progress on my Uno

Currently reading:
General Progress on my Uno

Yeah the Mk1 is black (flat). I tried rubbing compound and it has done the job. The problem is that there is a small amount of white paint on the roof of the car, looks like the car was in a garage and someone painted the garage roof with a roller and without covering the car first. The rubbing compound seems to do the trick so no need to wet sand hopefully.

All I've managed tonight was to get all the crap out the back of the car, have used for storage, and test a small area to see if the rubbing compound will work. Now the back of the car is clean next job is to seal and paint the welding and then piece it all back together again if I can remember how :eek:

I was thinking about bringing the Turbo to the Ace Cafe meet today but had other commitments I couldn't get out of.

I spent an hour this evening trying to get the white paint off, I've used a combination of halfords rubbing compound, heavy duty TFR, some clay and a bucket of wash 'n wax and a sponge. Things are coming on nicely with the cleanup and this combination seems to work well. Still no pictures yet because it was dark by the time I packed away.

I've had a couple of compliments from people who've said how much better the car is looking which is nice. I really want to get this one finished now and onto the road.

If someone wants it they can have it. I've got too much on at the moment with the mk1, a serious garden landscaping project, a young son and work. I can't easily sell the mk1 because it doesn't have an MOT.

I want to keep one of the cars as a spare/runabout, something I can use to take rubbish to the dump, that sort of thing.

I intend on selling my Suzuki SV too. Thinking about getting a proper classic or maybe another GTV.

Last edited:
Back