Problems with car + Warrenty...please help!

Currently reading:
Problems with car + Warrenty...please help!

Sando

Established member
As people may know on here, I've not had my Cinq very long, about 3 months. It's still covered under warrenty and there's still stuff going wrong with it even though I've taken it back to them about three times and some of the stuff listed below has supposedly been sorted by them already!

I just want my car working properly. I paid them the money for the car fair an square and so far all I have had is problems with it and then when I've asked them to fix the problems they've had it in all day (and I have to get the train to work) and then the problems blatentley hav'nt been sorted!

A small list:

+ Brakes: Front brakes squeek even though they've had them off, given them a clean etc.. and set them up once already.

+ Head Gasket? After reading the things written by Fixitagaintommorrow about head gasket's I'm paranoid know about oil I keep spotting around the cylinder head (I think it's called that!). I've cleaned it off once and it's reappeared again a week later.

+ Rear Suspension: Creaks and knocking noises whenever I go around a corner, could it be the bushes?

+ Rattling noise under bonnet: I think it may be the heatshield? Someone elsr described the same sort of noise on here. It rattles when going slow (20 mph) and happened the other day quite badly when reversing.

+ Engine mounts: Clunks quite badly when accelerating hard (not that I EVER accelerate hard!).

+ Heaters: Front left heater inside the car doesnt work and my girlfriend keeps getting cold!

+ Squeling: When cold on idle the engine squeels badly, maybe the fan belt or timing belt (or are they the same thing??)

If anyone has any advice on what the problems could be (please correct me if you think it could be any thing different because I know next to nothing about cars and engines) I need to describe what the problems are to the garage because otherwise they will just take the pi$$ (...again!)

Brakes - Brake hard from 70-0 a couple of times without locking up, the brake pads probably need deglazing

Headgasket - Wheres the oil coming from? Is it above or below the headgasket??
Oil above the headgasket will, more than likely be the rocker cover gasket, peanuts from Fiat 10 mins to change over.

Rear suspension - Possiby the rear bushes £45 for some nice uprated ones from www.fastfiat.com can do it yourself but can be a bit tricky, Fixit has done this

Rattling noise - Jack up your car and you'll see the heatsheild around the catalytic convertor, whack it with a hammer and bend it back slightly

Engine mounts - The clunking sound will more than likely be the rear engine mount, grab a hold of you engine when its cold and rock it back and forth violently, if it clunks its the rear engine mount, £15 for the bush from Fiat and 1/2 hour to change over yourself.

Heaters - Might be a bit of pipework come off so it vents heat behind the dash, buy her a wooly jumper! :D

Squelling - Maybe the fan belt is too tight, loosen it slightly to see if that helps, two 13mm spanners, a lever bar to put tension on the belt by levering the alternator away from the engine and 5 mins of you time

Hope this helps you

It were proper Bo i tell thee!!​

You certinley are king of the road, helped me loads! :D Thanks for the description of how to do it but Im going to get on to the garage and explain what I want doing with it.

The head gasket oil seems to be running down the singine from the head gasket, so below it.

Thanks very much for your help!

Both the far side heater vents on my car hardly spew out any air at all, i just think it's bad design [xx(]

Cinq Newbie!

96 N Cinqo Sporting
Rosso Sporting Red

I thought it was that but the right hand side on is fine but the left one doesnt! I was expecting it to be bad Fiat design but apparantly not (for a change!;))

I had that heat shield problem my garage jus welded it back up but alot of people jus rip it off :D and my rear kinda clonks and rattles when i go over speed bumps and and jus the normal bumoy uk road bushes by any chance?

FIAT CinqueCento = Recycled Ferrari :D

Front brakes - if Matt's method doesn't work, insist on some new pads - I like Mintex, think they are better than Fiat ones. A thin smear of copper slip on the backs of the pads can help stop squeal too.

OIl leak - is it coming from the top cover on the engine? The head gasket is under the exhaust manifold, if the leak is above this then it's just the cam cover gasket - not unusual.

Squealing could be a loose or perished alternator belt (most likely).

Air vent - is the flap opening when you turn the wheel next to it? may need a torch to look in with..

Rattles and clonks - could be worn wheel bearings, one of mine has gone again...again... or exhaust, give it a shake about to see if it's hitting the rear suspension. It could be those bushes though.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

Back