Stilo Problem with speed up to 2 bar rotation and black smoke

Currently reading:
Stilo Problem with speed up to 2 bar rotation and black smoke

ardi1984

I jave a stilo 1.9 multijet 150ps. Currently I am having problem with reaching speed and it fills out black smoke. I checked the air sensor, both of them, one that is close to air filter and the other close to turbine, but it wasn't the case.
I checked the catalysator if and cleaned it but still it puts out black smoke and the speed starts to increase after it goes over 2 bars rotation speed.

can anyone please advice me anything, because I checked in PC and it doesn't find anything.

Having a look at the EGR valve on the diesel version is worth a go, as they become choked up and the solenoid valve can get stuck and not operate as it should causing smoke and loss of power issues, on the jtd it is located at the rear/top of the engine block when looking at the engine from the front not sure if this is the same location on the multijet.
If you choose to remove the egr to give it a clean then wearing some thin gloves on hands is a good idea as the soot is hard to remove, though giving the valve a clean can be an easy fix if it is causing problems, also be careful of not to damage any plastic parts of the fuel lines that pass near the egr valve when removing.

A little extra information on the egr valve is that many jtd owners have used a cheap blanking plate to put an end to the egr valve causing problems and having to clean the valve, should this be what is causing you problems, doing a search of the stilo forum will give more details on the blanking plate option, which you could either make yourself or purchase online, should this be the same situation for the multijet as it is for the jtd version

Last edited:
Back