Technical problem with limp mode

Currently reading:
Technical problem with limp mode

jonnybones

hello I have a fiat doblo 1.3 multijet 2005 and i have a problem with it going into limp mode every time i accelerate. i bought a code reader and it said "turbocharger/supercharger boost sensor A circuit high" i bought a new map sensor cleared the code but it did not make any difference I am totally at a loss can someone advise me please? I cant give it to fiat to look at i just cant afford it. thanks Jon

Just a thought, check for any leaks on the pressure side from turbo to intercooler and to inlet manifold including all the hoses and fittings.
Is there any oil stains on intercooler or do you get any sounds of air leaks if you give it full throttle/accelerator.
You may have to get someone to rev it while you look around the engine area.
Anything that can lose the pressure coming from the turbo before it gets into the engine.
I had a similar error code reading which turned out to be a leak at a gasket where the EGR pipe went to the inlet manifold.
I assume the air filter isn't blocked.

Just a thought, check for any leaks on the pressure side from turbo to intercooler and to inlet manifold including all the hoses and fittings.
Is there any oil stains on intercooler or do you get any sounds of air leaks if you give it full throttle/accelerator.
Anything that can lose the pressure coming from the turbo before it gets into the engine.
I had a similar error code reading which turned out to be a leak at a gasket where the EGR pipe went to the inlet manifold.
thank you i will try that

thank you i will try that
Don't know if I had the same problem . Mine went into limp mode and wouldn't rev above 3000rpm . Code reader said turbo overboost . It turned out that the turbo waste gate was stuck shut due to a lot of town driving . You tube has a video by Mike banana called fiat doblo turbo actuator which solved my problem. Without it I would have been goosed .
Hope you get sorted out mate .

Don't know if I had the same problem . Mine went into limp mode and wouldn't rev above 3000rpm . Code reader said turbo overboost . It turned out that the turbo waste gate was stuck shut due to a lot of town driving . You tube has a video by Mike banana called fiat doblo turbo actuator which solved my problem. Without it I would have been goosed .
Daughter had a VW Golf 130 TDI that did that it was the variable vanes in the turbo sticking so similar, I freed it off with turbo cleaner then got her to use additive in tank regularly as most of her driving was town work.

Thank you so much it took me a day and a lot of fiddling but the valve was proper stuck, lots of wd40 swearing and a long pry bar it moved.

took it out and no limp mode so pleased thank you

thank you for you advice it was the turbo waste gate
Thank you so much it took me a day and a lot of fiddling but the valve was proper stuck, lots of wd40 swearing and a long pry bar it moved.

took it out and no limp mode so pleased thank you

Back