General Problem with heater blower

Currently reading:
General Problem with heater blower

Digbydog

Hi, I've got an intermittent broblem with my 2010 ducato, the heater fan has stopped working, it did start to work but after switching ignition off, switched ignition back on and it wouldn't work again, tried it again today and it worked, tried again and not working,
Any suggestions please

Hi, I've got an intermittent broblem with my 2010 ducato, the heater fan has stopped working, it did start to work but after switching ignition off, switched ignition back on and it wouldn't work again, tried it again today and it worked, tried again and not working,
Any suggestions please
My heat fan makes a banging noise when I turn left, I thought some thing was seriously wrong at first?
When I looked into how much work to get it sorted a decided to just leave it alone

Any suggestions please
Have you checked the relay and fuse in the engine fusebox?

Attachments

• Ducato X250 Heater control circuit.jpg
    Ducato X250 Heater control circuit.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 39
I have the same problem with the heater fan notworfking. I've replaced both the fuse and the relay and it woytrked for 2 days, but today hit stopped working on the 3rd setting and then stopped altogether.
Any ideas please? I have a 2009 120 multi jet camper.

I have the same problem with the heater fan notworfking. I've replaced both the fuse and the relay and it woytrked for 2 days, but today hit stopped working on the 3rd setting and then stopped altogether.
Any ideas please? I have a 2009 120 multi jet camper.
I would check the fuse and relay again. Perhaps the fan motor is going faulty and too much current being drawn.

Have a look at the ballast resistor connector these give problems you will find it on passengers side below lower glovebox to the right. Try just unpluging look at the condition of the multiplug and if ok make sure that it is making a good conection

Thank you Cycle Guy, it was the ballast resistor connector, I bought one from Coastal Motorhome £14.97 delivered. You will need a 5.5ml socket to release the screw that holds it in place,which I didn't have. Had to buy as set from Toolstation. There is a video on youtube for guidance.

Back