General Another problem with the same garage.

Currently reading:
General Another problem with the same garage.

RobL

Further to my thread " Issue with garage".
My rear brakes failed the MOT 3 months after the same garage had repaired them.
I was about to use the motorhome today to find the exhaust was on the floor. 4 exhaust mount rubbers badly perished had broken away. 1 just holding up the muffler and the other muffler mount missing(I assume it fell off on the road sometime)
The MOT advisory stated a slight leak on the exhaust nothing else. In actual fact on closer inspection the front pipe to the centre silencer join has completely corroded and can see daylight through it, just a bit of metal holding it together. It's 7 weeks since the vehicle passed the MOT.
It doesn't bare thinking about if this had happened on the road, just so lucky it's happened on my drive.
I will be making a formal complaint to the garage and the DVSA again.

Attachments

• IMG_20230802_122757603.jpg
    IMG_20230802_122757603.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20230802_122728551.jpg
    IMG_20230802_122728551.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Further to my thread " Issue with garage".
My rear brakes failed the MOT 3 months after the same garage had repaired them.
I was about to use the motorhome today to find the exhaust was on the floor. 4 exhaust mount rubbers badly perished had broken away. 1 just holding up the muffler and the other muffler mount missing(I assume it fell off on the road sometime)
The MOT advisory stated a slight leak on the exhaust nothing else. In actual fact on closer inspection the front pipe to the centre silencer join has completely corroded and can see daylight through it, just a bit of metal holding it together. It's 7 weeks since the vehicle passed the MOT.
It doesn't bare thinking about if this had happened on the road, just so lucky it's happened on my drive.
I will be making a formal complaint to the garage and the DVSA again.
yes, you need to keep an eye on those rubber donut exhaust mounts, there are three on my ducato 1.9TD and check them every year and change them if i see any sign of perishing, I have a box of them in my shed and it only takes 1 minute to lever off old donut and replace
P.S where do you get your motorhome M.O.T,d? I get mine M.O.T,d at seaford Sussex Trucks and they failed my motorhome due to wrong colour lights (i changed my sidelight bulbs to LED) this is the other extreme ,where the test is taken too far!

On second thoughts I wont be using your garage to get my motorhome though the Mo.T as they sound incompetent

On second thoughts I wont be using your garage to get my motorhome though the Mo.T as they sound incompetent
Yes they are completely incompetent. I will be checking in future. I don't trust garages and never have.

UK is getting like the EU , the vehicle has to be as it left the manufacturer , no additions, alterations ,fabrication allowed unless accompanied by an engineers report [£££s], even going to a different item from a vehicle better speccced than yours is not allowed without a lot of grief ..!

And you fit an item [ ie replacement mirror glass ] that is not ce marked ,you will be told "not original "" and told to remove or change it ...!

UK is getting like the EU , the vehicle has to be as it left the manufacturer , no additions, alterations ,fabrication allowed unless accompanied by an engineers report [£££s], even going to a different item from a vehicle better speccced than yours is not allowed without a lot of grief ..!

And you fit an item [ ie replacement mirror glass ] that is not ce marked ,you will be told "not original "" and told to remove or change it ...!
Agree. I'm going to fit a metal strap so if it happens again it will fall onto that and not on the road. I dare say that will be wrong at the next MOT. Rotten support rubbers no problem🙄

Back