Technical Problem with heat direction switch,help

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with heat direction switch,help

chrvlachos

Hello guys,i am new to the forum.Since yesterday i am having issues with the heat direction switch,when i switch it,it takes a huge amount of power in order to do so and sometimes i hear cracking noises.Also the heat only comes from the feet and if i switch it once it comes from the feet and front window,no other option works.I currently removed the cd player and i reached the white panel with the switches which i don't know how to remove,please help me
thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum ;)

I took the attached video for you. Start by opening the glove box and check that when you press the button, the black cover closes and when you re-press it, the cover re-opens. When turning the knob check that the gears are moving smooth and that the cable (which can be seen at the end of the video) is moving. Hope this helps...

Last edited:
My buttons seem to work fine but i do hear some funny crackling noises and some other noises when i turn the blowers on I'm sure it's nothin to be worried about just the blowers starting up??! : /

My buttons seem to work fine but i do hear some funny crackling noises and some other noises when i turn the blowers on I'm sure it's nothin to be worried about just the blowers starting up??! : /

It may be the vent plastic strip underneath the windscreen.... mine expanded with the heat of the blower (at least i think) and after hearing cracking noises it popped out

i don't seem to get easy access to what the vid above shows,it seems tho that the cable has issues.The funny thing is that in my mom's car which is a fiat Stilo 2002 the exact same thing happened a few years ago and it is broken since then.And now on mine ,grande punto 2006 :bang: Anyone can recommend a cheap way to fix it? :worship:

The fault is usually down to the three geared wheels jumping out of sync. If you look at them closely, you will see the aligning marks. If you need to reset them, simply remove the centre wheel, turn the other two to the correct position, then refit.

I took the attached video for you. Start by opening the glove box and check that when you press the button, the black cover closes and when you re-press it, the cover re-opens. When turning the knob check that the gears are moving smooth and that the cable (which can be seen at the end of the video) is moving. Hope this helps...

hi how can view the video ?please

Hii Cant u send new link , i cant open video

Back