General Problem or Incorrect model

Currently reading:
General Problem or Incorrect model

pdherring

Hey All,

First time poster and hope you can help.

My other half has a Grand Punto Sporting that she has had since before we were together. I have driven it a few times and just thought it was a small engined under powered car. She had told me before that it was a T-Jet and I didn't know what that was till I did some googling.

Now here comes the issues, is her car actually a T-Jet or is it broken? All I can say is that no way is it producing 120BHP. There is a badge on the grille, think it says T-Jet from memory. But on searching a parts site or two and putting in the reg it is listed as a 1.4 16v and not the T-Jet at all.

Can someone help me determine how to be sure on the model. So I know if her car has a problem or if its just a sporting and NOT a T-Jet after all. Its a 2007 registered vehicle if that makes any difference.

Many thanks in advance

Pete

Post a photo of the engine.
1.4 16v is StarJet

I think you may have solved the issue right there. Thinking about it I am convinced it says StarJet on the grill now you have said that. Thanks so much and sorry for my Fiat ignorance.

So assuming it is a StarJet (will take a picture of the engine tonight) any suggestions on improving the performance? Its properly underpowered as it is at the moment.

Thanks

Open the drivers doors, on the left hand side of the door reveal should be a little silver sticker. My tjet says tjet (120) and my mates 1.4 just says 1.4 16v

Open the bonnet and look at the front of the engine just behind the radiator; the turbo it really very obvious on the t-jet.

Well it seems you guys have given me enough information to know that the other half is wrong, unfortunaltey its NOT a T-Jet from what I can tell, there is no sticker in the door jam anywhere but from looking online and from what I know this certainly isn't a turbo charged engine. Infact from what I can tell this may even be the old 8V model and not the 16v as thought.

Thanks
Pete

IMG_0017.JPG

Well it seems you guys have given me enough information to know that the other half is wrong, unfortunaltey its NOT a T-Jet from what I can tell, there is no sticker in the door jam anywhere but from looking online and from what I know this certainly isn't a turbo charged engine. Infact from what I can tell this may even be the old 8V model and not the 16v as thought.

Thanks
Pete

View attachment 144831

I can't see what valve it is without taking air box off haha, but the v5 will tell you exactly what engine it it :)

Thanks
Pete

View attachment 144831

The engine in the picture is the 1.4 16v StarJet 95hp NA.

Thanks for your help all! At least I know now its not the turbo 120 model and thats why I think its drastically underpowered! :)

Back