Technical Grande punto gear linkage problem

Currently reading:
Technical Grande punto gear linkage problem

paloskii

One of my gear linkage cables shaped during shifting and I was stuck in neutral. I managed to find second gear under bonnet just to get the car to mechanic.

Both linkage cables are replaced, but it doesn't work like before.

Neutral is slightly to the left, and first and fifth gear are very hard to find. First gear is too much to the left, and fifth is also very hard to find. Third and forth are easy to find, but they sits slightly on the left side. The only gear that works fine is the reverse, but this time I can put reverse without pulling gear knob puller :0

I guess the whole shifter is off sets to the left side.

Before my linkage cable snapped, the shifter was very satisfying to use. Light and precise gears. Now is struggle.

Is there any way I can adjust the cables?

Car is GP 1.2 5 speed gear box. Sorry for my sloppy writing, English is not my native language.

So, you're saying, car was "repaired" by professional mechanic?
Go there and make him fix this inferior job.

Probably bad cables were installed. There is procedure to adjust one cable (but it cannot cause such big shift if any).
You have other problem (maybe the gearbox itself, internally or just the selector, plus gearbox/engine mounts are worn).
Real mechanic should handle all of the above. Competent DIY hobbyist too.

So, you're saying, car was "repaired" by professional mechanic?
Go there and make him fix this inferior job.

Probably bad cables were installed. There is procedure to adjust one cable (but it cannot cause such big shift if any).
You have other problem (maybe the gearbox itself, internally or just the selector, plus gearbox/engine mounts are worn).
Real mechanic should handle all of the above. Competent DIY hobbyist too.
I didn't have much choice with the mechanic because the car broke down in different country. I just wanted to get home.

I know the shifter have service position, where shifter sitting perfectly on the middle. Maybe if I reattach the cables with shifter in service position, the problem will be solved. Or should I try to adjust them.

I think I know the issue. I removed first cable from the transmission and set up the shift stick to neutral position. The fist cable is for left and right position.

Cable is half centimeter shorter, and I think because of that the whole shift stick is pulling to the left side.

The problem now is different. The new cable doesn't have auto adjuster, and manual adjustments doesn't seem to be working. It's soo frustrating...

Update: Problem fixed!

I managed to adjust the cable and now is working fine. However I'm in shock that mechanic wasn't able to do that

Back