General Price of 1st service

Currently reading:
General Price of 1st service

twobigdogs

My 1.4 petrol 500x is coming up to 9000 miles so was wondering if anyone has had a service and how much it was?

I asked my Fait dealer this as I was comparing the costs of paying myself or using the Fiat 3 Year Service Plan.

1st and 3rd year services are basically safety / integrity / check for errors and apply any current 500X campaigns outstanding etc.

Yours for £60 (could have been up to £69) including VAT. My dealer hourly rates have not changed for 3 years. Their 3 year service fees were less than the Fiat Service Plan but clearly the Fiat plan up front is fixed price.

I think I've decided to go with the dealer and any extra discounts I can get as at my 1st service (probably at 6K to 7K miles) I'll go for oil and filter change + pollen filter.

Last edited:
I would not be too surprised.

If you check your car's Warranty/Service Book then the 1st service at 360 days / 9000 miles then there are no oil change or any filter changes. Purely an inspection/check service...etc.

1 Hour labour costs, that's all.

Personally (as I keep my cars for many years) then I tend to go beyond the required items and spend/shed a little more love, care and money at each service. Once the vehicle is out of warranty then it falls into my personal service and care routines which I could never ever afford to pay a dealer to do. Sadly, not being a VAT registered garage I have to leave the 1st three years servicing to my dealer, which I must add I'm happy to do. They know me, my attention to detail, my over 42 years of maintaining and servicing my Fiats etc. so all will hopefully be well.

If not then they know "I'll be back" :)

Last edited:
I'd second what s130 said, particularly regarding going beyond the requirements & getting the oil & filter changed annually. I don't have a 500X, but we've had two TwinAir engined vehicles in the family (500 & Alfa MiTo). One had annual oil changes at around half the mileage interval (500), the other went the full 18,000 miles (MiTo). The one with the extra oil changes ran much nicer than the other, was less lumpy, revved more smoothly & didn't need two new actuator units in 35k like the other!

Might be nothing to do with the extra oil changes, but I know from owning an Alfa Romeo & being on the Alfa Forum where many of the cars are MultiAir or TwinAir petrols, they are on the fussy side when it comes to oil level, quality & spec, so an additional oil change would do no harm - providing you make sure the dealer uses the right oil - preferably Selenia. Not all dealers use it by default, which makes my blood boil, but that's another story!

Back