Technical Possible Head-gasket Issue?

Currently reading:
Technical Possible Head-gasket Issue?

Next oil change, go for a high-quality fully synthetic oil (something like a 0W-40) and you won't get this problem...even in the winter.

got me worried now :eek:.

when i first got the car it had this white cream (cat sick )in the top of the filler cap. so i then changed the oil to 0-40w and at first no problem about a month of no cream. but its just come back......mmm car going in today for an oil leak anyway may have to get them to pressure test.....caronly done 47k....:mad:

We rarely have more than +30°C, a more normal summer temperature would average at +15 to 25°C, depenting on location. Around the coast the lowest temp is -20°C, but within the "inner" country it could easily reach -30 to -40°C. It's difficult to find an universal oil for this climate. A no-brand 5W40 works perfectly. Selenia doesn't exist here.
-40... wow! :) The coldest I've seen here is -20... but in summer.... it easily reaches 45 degrees. I drive with 5W40 all year round. There is no big difference between 5W40 and 10W40 or even 15WX when they are synthetic or semisynthetic, it's the mineral oil that gets thick in cold wheather. I think you should go for 0W40 in winter and 5W40 in summer. I've put Selenia K 5W40 and Selenia 20K 10W40 in the freezer in which is around -20 deg Celsius and both look and thicken the same...

Back