Qubo Poor tyre wear..

Currently reading:
Qubo Poor tyre wear..

Hi guys. Im a new boy , I have a Qubo 1.3 ha ha (12.48 ) therefore should be 12.5 !!. Anyway , tyres , now about to put the third set on the front ! @ 38.000 miles. Also just put new brake shoes on as well. ( don,t buy a fiat made in Turkey )...Oh , Happy Days..x

I'm a new owner also (4 weeks) and bought it 2nd hand from a garage. Thought it a little strange that garage had replaced all brakes incl. discs and drums and it had only done 23k!

My old Grande Punto which has the same chassis was terrible for getting through tyres - I was lucky for 12000 miles on the front. With a lot of wear on the outer and inner.

Thought it was my driving but I've just realised on my current car, I have done 20000 on them and their nearing the end now.

Hi 684619, Welcome to the wonderful world of the Qubist/Fiorinoist......great little cars/vans.
As per tyres, it seems to come down to the norm, tyre pressure, driving style, speed humps, and tracking........I've killed a cheap front set in under 10,000 mile. Now I have expensive Michelins and they are going the distance......at the moment about 17,000 and stacks of wear left on them.
The only other item which can cause tyre wear, and is a known Qubo/Fiorino fault is the top suspension mounts, which are prone to failure.
Cheers Qube O.

I changed my original Bridgestones at 17000 mls for Avons as the inside 1/4 was bald with 3mm tread on the outside. The tracking was checked and "adjusted" (well, clanking of spanners from under car) :D and I'd swapped front to back at 8000 to even out the wear.

At 34000 the Avons have worn about the same and still scrubbed on the inside so I need to change before December MOT.
I'm looking at Michelin Crossclimate this time and I'll have a laser 4 wheel alignment done at the same time ;)

Last edited:
Back