"Please wait, building media library..."

Currently reading:
"Please wait, building media library..."

WillyMcG

Hi,

A slightley different isue to one that seems to be posted here alot, the "Please wait, building media library..." taking forever. My issue is that every time I turn the engine off, when I turn the car back on the media player selects a random song that I wasn't listening to last, and when I try to change the track manually by going through folders/artists etc, it has to rebuild itself, taking 5-10 minutes each time (Got about 10GB of music on a 16 GB stick).

Not sure what version of Blue & Me I've got, but I've personally never updated it and my car is a 07 Grande Punto T-Jet, if that helps.

Is there any fix to this?

Cheers,

Will

Do you have some space free on your USB drive to store the index?
Also try a faster USB stick/hdd since some of them are really slow making it a hard time for Blue&Me too keep up reading/creating the index.

Hi,

A slightley different isue to one that seems to be posted here alot, the "Please wait, building media library..." taking forever. My issue is that every time I turn the engine off, when I turn the car back on the media player selects a random song that I wasn't listening to last, and when I try to change the track manually by going through folders/artists etc, it has to rebuild itself, taking 5-10 minutes each time (Got about 10GB of music on a 16 GB stick).

Not sure what version of Blue & Me I've got, but I've personally never updated it and my car is a 07 Grande Punto T-Jet, if that helps.

Is there any fix to this?

Cheers,

Will
I would definitely recommend updating it. Back in 2007, USB's of that size were rare and expensive, so I'm guessing fiat didn't build the software to cope with such size.

And no I'm not joking an 8GB USB stick back them could set you back £100

Last edited:
Back