Please help me with my Nokia 5800

Currently reading:
Please help me with my Nokia 5800

You'd better say - not anymore ;-) There was a Nokia 6230 which as people are saying works fine with Blue&Me - EVEN with SMS reader...

Btw - I wonder if u can jailbreak your 5800 - I'll have a look. After changing product code you will be able to put "unbranded" firmware - maybe there is newer version of it for "regular" 5800 - not network branded?

I'll update this as soon as i find something about it.

Right - I need to know what versions of firmware you have lads in your 5800 - the newest for Europe at the moment is ver20 and as people are saying - that's still not available for some uk network branded phones. Let me know and I'll post the instruction how to change product code on that phone and how to update it to ver20 if Nokia Software Updater can't find any newer version for your phone.

Cheers peter,i look forward to your findings

regards Kelvin

Kelvin - what firmware version do you have in your phone?

Hi Peter

My firmware is version 11.0.009 Iv looked on the Nokia suit and there’s not another available yet (I’m on Orange if that makes any difference to the availability) It’s the not auto linking with Blue and Me that annoys me some times it does and some times it doesn’t (manually works fine)

Thanks for your support bud hopefully it may get resolved!

Best Regards Kelvin

Hey lads, yep - it makes a difference on what network you are on - basically there is no newer version of firmware branded for your network relased by Nokia yet. It WILL be updated to the newest one at some stage but what you both can do is to change the product code of your nokia 5800 from orange branded one to the euro1 (which is a product code for example for nokia 5800 bought directly from Nokia UK, simfree). Changing product code won't unlock your simlock but will let you to get rid of orange menu and all orange crap that is preinstalled on your phone. Some people like it, some don't. There is a big update in version 20 so maybe (as i don't have that phone and i'm thinking to get it as an upgrade cause my contract is finished) it will solve also all your troubles with bluetooth.
First of all I CAN'T guarantee that it WILL help but you ain't gonna loose anything if you try.
What you will have to do is to download some software on your pc - i will put step by step instructions for what to do but i'm at work tmw morning so i have to get some sleep... Hope you will have some patience to wait till tmw evening.

And btw - don't thank me for anything - problem isn't solved yet :)

You can use thanks button when we will sort everything out.

BTW - you may loose your warranty when you do product code change but don't worry, i'll write down step by step instructions how to minimise the risk :)

I'm on Vodafone Ireland and my n95 8gb has got it's product code changed few times already -first to get polish language as it wasn't included in standard vodafone firmware and second to get the newest version of it.

Take care and await update in this topic or maybe i'll start a new one when it will solve problems with bluetooth in your phone and blue&me.

Hey lads, yep - it makes a difference on what network you are on - basically there is no newer version of firmware branded for your network relased by Nokia yet. It WILL be updated to the newest one at some stage but what you both can do is to change the product code of your nokia 5800 from orange branded one to the euro1 (which is a product code for example for nokia 5800 bought directly from Nokia UK, simfree). Changing product code won't unlock your simlock but will let you to get rid of orange menu and all orange crap that is preinstalled on your phone. Some people like it, some don't. There is a big update in version 20 so maybe (as i don't have that phone and i'm thinking to get it as an upgrade cause my contract is finished) it will solve also all your troubles with bluetooth.
First of all I CAN'T guarantee that it WILL help but you ain't gonna loose anything if you try.
What you will have to do is to download some software on your pc - i will put step by step instructions for what to do but i'm at work tmw morning so i have to get some sleep... Hope you will have some patience to wait till tmw evening.

And btw - don't thank me for anything - problem isn't solved yet :)

You can use thanks button when we will sort everything out.

BTW - you may loose your warranty when you do product code change but don't worry, i'll write down step by step instructions how to minimise the risk :)

I'm on Vodafone Ireland and my n95 8gb has got it's product code changed few times already -first to get polish language as it wasn't included in standard vodafone firmware and second to get the newest version of it.

Take care and await update in this topic or maybe i'll start a new one when it will solve problems with bluetooth in your phone and blue&me.

Hi peter

Still waiting for the step by step instructions to take the orange influence my friend.or have I missed some thing some where

Best Regards Kelvin

Hi peter

Still waiting for the step by step instructions to take the orange influence my friend.or have I missed some thing some where

Best Regards Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

Sorry mate - had busy week at work and i forgot about it!!! Will do this tmw evening for you!

Sorry once again and I'll post it step by step tmw evening.

There You go lads - Step by step instruction how to change product code on your nokia 5800 express music.

First of all here is a list of product codes for different regions (for UK use the one highlited - B or R means Blue or Red so according to the colour of your phone use correct produc code)

0576603: 5800 RM-356 TMN PT R
0576050: 5800 VF ES R
0576051: 5800 VF PT R
0576714: 5800 Vodacom R
0577229: 5800 Telenor Serbia RS B
0576053: 5800 VF IT R
0577188: 5800 Pannon Hungary HU B
0575632: 5800 Croatia CV R
0576900: 5800 Optimus PT V1 R
0577324: 5800 RM-356 Croatia HR B CV CU_COLOR
0578086: 5800 RM-356 Sweden CV R
0577176: 5800 RM-356 T-Mobile Hungary HU BLUE
0575887: 5800 Switzerland CV CH R
0576047: 5800 VF Swisscom R
0577482: 5800 TDC DK R
0577323: 5800 Telia DK R
0578563: 5800 H3G HK B (Light)
0576733: 5800 H3G HK R (Light)
0579934: 5800 UK CV B
0575581: 5800 UK CV R v2
0579683: 5800 RM-356 O2 Ireland IE BK V1
0576524: 5800 RM-356 O2 UK R
0577120: 5800 TIM IT R
0577089: 5800 VF UK B
0575408: 5800 HK CV B
0575407: 5800 HK CV R
0581337: 5800 HK CV BK
0559395: Balkans BLUE
0559299: Balkans RED
0559377: Baltia BLUE
0559233: Baltia RED
0559346: British Isles BLUE
0552438: British Isles RED
0559388: CIS BLUE
0559276: CIS RED
0559368: Euro1 ALPS BLUE
0559054: Euro1 ALPS RED
0559360: Euro1 BLUE
0570023: Euro1 BLUE Portugal
0559366: Euro1 France BLUE
0559052: Euro1 France RED
0559051: Euro1 Hispania RED
0558982: Euro1 RED
0570022: EURO1 RED Portugal
0559372: Euro2 BLUE
0570027: Euro2 BLUE Bene
0559066: Euro2 RED
0570026: Euro2 RED BENE
0559373: Euro2 Turkey BLUE
0559083: Euro2 Turkey RED
0559394: Euro3 BLUE
0559298: Euro3 RED

Now - let's get to the more detailed guide about what you have to do:

First of ALL - This will invalidate your warranty, so follow only AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! If you don't agree then DON'T DO IT!!!

1. Download JAF 1.98.62.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/219967766/JAFSetup_1.98.62.rar

That's my own uploads on a premium account so it won't be deleted - feel free to download it.

2. Download JAF PKEY Emulator v5.0
From THIS link

http://rapidshare.com/files/219969578/OGM_JAF_PKEY_Emulator_v_5.rar

3. Install JAF 1.98.62

4. Extract JAF PKEY Emulator v5.0 to desktop

5. Connect Nokia 5800 and select PC Suite mode on your Nokia 5800.

ENSURE PC SUITE IS CLOSED ON YOUR PC - Not only minimized to tray!!!

6. Now run JAF PKEY v5.0.exe (on desktop) and click on the GO button. It will come up with error: box driver not installed –> so click ok and now JAF v1.98 will run.

7. Select BB5 tab then tick Prod. Manager then click the SERVICE button and click the Read Values button.

8. Now you can enter your product code and press the Write Values button. Use the one provided above!

PS :For ALL Windows Vista users follow these steps to get JAF tool to work:use JAF Key Emulator v4 that you can download from HERE:

- right hand click jaf 1.98 and “run as administrator” and do the installation
- then right hand click jaf pkey emualtor v4.0 and run as administrator.
NOTE - Vista 64-Bit is not supported

Now when you changed your product code you can go to Nokia Software Update and check available updates for your phone with new product code.

Let me know if it works for you.

If I helped use THANKS button!
http://www.mivadika.com/forum/series-60/2399-nokia-5800-xpressmusic-product-codes.html

Hi Pete

No joy on the download bud it.s asking for your account details,to be truthful i dont think my IT skills are up to it.but thanks so much for trying to help

Very Best regards Kelvin

Quick question please; should I upgrade ny phone to a 5800, or is it not worth the hassle with B&M? Also, is it only Orange 5800's that are causing the connection problem? Many thanks

Quick question please; should I upgrade ny phone to a 5800, or is it not worth the hassle with B&M? Also, is it only Orange 5800's that are causing the connection problem? Many thanks

Personally I wouldn't bother. I upgraded to this phone and had nothing but trouble with it. I sold the phone a week after getting it. I now have a Sony Ericsson C905 and everything works perfectly with it.

Thanks. Shame, because it seems to meet most of my requirments (bar B&M compatability)

Thanks. Shame, because it seems to meet most of my requirments (bar B&M compatability)

I've had the 5800 for about 6 weeks now. Always been a SE man, but this is one step ahead for sure. SE are great camera phones, but lack in other ways. The 5800 has many great features over the current SEs. I've used SEs for years and they would sometimes freeze on me - so far so good with the Nokia.

My 5800 will connect to B+M, but with my work's phone needed more for B+M I've bought a Jabra handsfree loudspeaker for my 5800 (slides onto sun visor - see a previous post of mine) which works well.

Thanks. So the usual question: which touch screen phone should I get? Bloomin' 'el, I thought I was up to speed on 'stuff', but this is a minefield!

send me a pm with your e-mail and i'll send it over to you... It's not that hard as it seems :)
Take care!
Ps. I just ordered 5800 for myself as an upgrade so will see how it works ;-)

Hi Peter

Done the old rebranding mate and guess what it still wont auto connect never mind thanks for the idea anyway

Kind Regards Kelvin

agdm71 - It depends WHAT you are expecting from "phone" - what do you need touchscreen for? I have N95 8gb which isn't touchscreen, HTC Wizard - which has touch screen AND full slide-out qwerty keyboard, PDA-MIO P550m and I'm going temporary for N5800 (awaiting delivery) but my main phone will be HTC Touch Diamond2 as soon as prices will drop a bit. What do you expect to get from phone? I may point you to right direction...

Kelvin W - and what software did you get on your N5800 after debranding and upgrade via Nokia Software Update?

Last edited:
hi I have just paired my phone and all works ok, Pair as normal but say no when it asks you to transfer the phone book. you the need to go into settings, phone, accessories and set the wireless car kit as default. You now need to go to contacts and mark all the contacts to be transfered,
Ensure you are conected via bluetooth to the car and go to contact update on the car menu. now send contacts from phone via bluetooth to blue and me. you should now see the contacts transfer over.
worth noting that the car can take a while to conect to the phone but will auto connect eventually, hope this helps

agdm71 - It depends WHAT you are expecting from "phone" - what do you need touchscreen for? I have N95 8gb which isn't touchscreen, HTC Wizard - which has touch screen AND full slide-out qwerty keyboard, PDA-MIO P550m and I'm going temporary for N5800 (awaiting delivery) but my main phone will be HTC Touch Diamond2 as soon as prices will drop a bit. What do you expect to get from phone? I may point you to right direction...

Kelvin W - and what software did you get on your N5800 after debranding and upgrade via Nokia Software Update?

Hi Peter

21.0.025 version mate

hi I have just paired my phone and all works ok, Pair as normal but say no when it asks you to transfer the phone book. you the need to go into settings, phone, accessories and set the wireless car kit as default. You now need to go to contacts and mark all the contacts to be transfered,
Ensure you are conected via bluetooth to the car and go to contact update on the car menu. now send contacts from phone via bluetooth to blue and me. you should now see the contacts transfer over.
worth noting that the car can take a while to conect to the phone but will auto connect eventually, hope this helps

had the 5800 5 weeks now, and now it doesnt even connect via the bluetooth, have decided to sell the phone, have bought the tocco ultra instead, connects fine and transfers the phone book automatically

Back