Please help me with my Nokia 5800

Currently reading:
Please help me with my Nokia 5800

MikeSporting

I just got my new phone yesterday, and I've had no trouble in pairing the phone, just can't seem to import my contacts. When the system asks if I want to automatically it just doesn't work. I have no idea how to do this manually, any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I just got my new phone yesterday, and I've had no trouble in pairing the phone, just can't seem to import my contacts. When the system asks if I want to automatically it just doesn't work. I have no idea how to do this manually, any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ok Mike here we go,

When you have paired the phone and B&M asks do you want to transfer your contacts from your address book say "No", Blue&Me will then tell you you can add contacts later, to do this press the B&M button on your steering wheel, then go to settings, then phonebook,then add contacts,now when you select this it will say press the B&M button when you have finished. Now on your phone go to contacts and in options press select all or mark all then you need to send all as a buisness card via bluetooth, your phone will then search for B&M and when it finds it press send on your phone, you will then hear a series of clicks as each contact is sent, when they have all been sent press the B&M button again and jobs done.Let me know how you get on or pm me(y)

Ok Mike here we go,

When you have paired the phone and B&M asks do you want to transfer your contacts from your address book say "No", Blue&Me will then tell you you can add contacts later, to do this press the B&M button on your steering wheel, then go to settings, then phonebook,then add contacts,now when you select this it will say press the B&M button when you have finished. Now on your phone go to contacts and in options press select all or mark all then you need to send all as a buisness card via bluetooth, your phone will then search for B&M and when it finds it press send on your phone, you will then hear a series of clicks as each contact is sent, when they have all been sent press the B&M button again and jobs done.Let me know how you get on or pm me(y)

I should be getting a 5800 next week - so I'll watch out for this.

Nokias don't read text messages - right?

cheers

Thanks for the response Kop32, worked perfectly. Now though the phone doesn't connect automatically when I get in the car, even though it's set too :mad:

Thanks for the response Kop32, worked perfectly. Now though the phone doesn't connect automatically when I get in the car, even though it's set too :mad:

Mike,
That must be something to do with your phone setting,if you go to your bluetooth menu and select "allways allow"

Martin

Mike,
That must be something to do with your phone setting,if you go to your bluetooth menu and select "allways allow"

Martin

I've done that Martin, I watched my phone screen when I got in the car and it looked like it was trying to connect so it might be a problem with the car. Never had any trouble with my Sony Ericsson though.

Your not making this easy Mike,what I would suggest is "delete all" (not just delete users)on B&M and pair the phone again and then you will have to resend your contacts.

Nokia don't auto synch the address book - you need to go into the phone and select all your contacts (or those you want to send), set the B&M up to receive contacts and then Send (via Bluetooth -> Blue&Me) and they will then update.

Vast majority of Nokia phones will only work to make and take calls...the rest of the B&M functionality won't work as they only implemented the handsfree part of the bluetooth protocols...

Ok Mike here we go,

Nokia don't auto synch the address book - you need to go into the phone and select all your contacts (or those you want to send), set the B&M up to receive contacts and then Send (via Bluetooth -> Blue&Me) and they will then update.

Vast majority of Nokia phones will only work to make and take calls...the rest of the B&M functionality won't work as they only implemented the handsfree part of the bluetooth protocols...

Which is what I said at the very outset!

Mike, my Nokia 5800 does exactly the same, looks like its trying to connect but doesn't. I did all the deleting users and re-pairing the phones, and authorised it also, but still no use!!! Not happy mate... if you get it to work please give us the info!!

I did what Martin said and it seems to pair up when I get in. Only problem now is that it doesn't disconnect when I get out the car. Im in my house, my car is all locked up, and the phone still shows connected to the car :mad:

i could be really thick but my 5800 just says unable to pair and thats after i've deleted all the phones off the car :bang: help

it's happened god nos how but i'm paired after much pressing of numbers and tapping of screen. to be honest though i think putting the code in the stereo after the italian has finished speaking might of been the clincher same it doesn't say that in the book :D:D:D

it's happened god nos how but i'm paired after much pressing of numbers and tapping of screen. to be honest though i think putting the code in the stereo after the italian has finished speaking might of been the clincher same it doesn't say that in the book :D:D:D

I had mine paired then all of a sudden it couldn't connect! Sometimes it wouldn't automatically connect, and sometimes it wouldn't automatically disconnect. Now it won't connect at all!

i could be really thick but my 5800 just says unable to pair and thats after i've deleted all the phones off the car :bang: help

Hi mate Delete all users and data then try again just swapped from my E51 to the 5800 took a little time to sort it
The auto connect fault is a bit of a pain but iv slowly sorted that out IE if
the batterys low it refuses to connect or if iv taken the battery off (i just go to blue n me on the phone and tell it to connect manually after that it works fine

Regards Kelvin W

Hi mate Delete all users and data then try again just swapped from my E51 to the 5800 took a little time to sort it
The auto connect fault is a bit of a pain but iv slowly sorted that out IE if
the batterys low it refuses to connect or if iv taken the battery off (i just go to blue n me on the phone and tell it to connect manually after that it works fine

Regards Kelvin W
Hi Guys

Sorry to say this but after all I said the pairings ok and the phone works on all exempt the dreaded text reader, but no auto connect i have to manually instruct it through connect with audio function every time
Wish phone companies would leave the bloody firmware alone (ps i have upgraded through Nokia to new version but "No better"!)
Sorry again guys ...especially Mikesporting

Regards KelvinW

Back