Technical pioneer sda-hu100 HUD not working

Currently reading:
Technical pioneer sda-hu100 HUD not working

Nenagh52

worked when I picked the van up, stopped after a days drive but came on again, same happened on the recent trip to France, intermittent.
I can just about see the zero speed in the screen when I start the van.
Would welcome any suggestions, anyone know how its connected, I see on U tube that some are fitted to the OBD socket.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 21.08.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 21.08.19.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
worked when I picked the van up, stopped after a days drive but came on again, same happened on the recent trip to France, intermittent.
I can just about see the zero speed in the screen when I start the van.
Would welcome any suggestions, anyone know how its connected, I see on U tube that some are fitted to the OBD socket.
So why not check that it is securely plugged in? I do not have a HUD system, but it would seem that it would require an ignition "on" or similar connection, to at least illuminate the display, perhaps this has become disconnected?

So opened this panel this morning trying to see where is the HUD connected to/ powered from and the item in the blue circle is just hanging there.
No obvious place it came out of.
I don't think its from the HUD as the fault was intermittent but maybe it finally just came loose.
1695385017550.png

So opened this panel this morning trying to see where is the HUD connected to/ powered from and the item in the blue circle is just hanging there.
No obvious place it came out of.
I don't think its from the HUD as the fault was intermittent but maybe it finally just came loose.
View attachment 430248
The connector with the obvious yellow centre is the OBD port, and nothing seems to have been attached there.

However on earlier models, the Vehicle Speed Output (VSO) signal is routed through the large black multiway connector behind your blue circle. Any sign of concealed mating connector, but I would expect at least three wires to the HUD, two power, plus VSO?

Your HUD unit is a Pioneer item, so cannot you do an internet search for installation instructions?

Last edited:
The connector with the obvious yellow centre is the OBD port, and nothing seems to have been attached there.

However on earlier models, the Vehicle Speed Output (VSO) signal is routed through the large black multiway connector behind your blue circle. Any sign of concealed mating connector, but I would expect at least three wires to the HUD, two power, plus VSO?

Your HUD unit is a Pioneer item, so cannot you do an internet search for installation instructions?
Thanks as always.
Have emailed pioneer again looking for the install manual. will look behind the "blue circle"
Plenty of sites offering to sell then manual but no induction that it is the correct one
In passing, are the heavy red cables to the leisure batteries?

typo corredtions
Thanks as always.
Have emailed pioneer again looking for the install manual. will look behind the "blue circle"
Plenty of sites offering to sell the manual but no indication that it is the correct one

typo corredtions
Thanks as always.
Plenty of sites offering to sell the manual but no indication that it is the correct one
No, connections to the habitation batteries should be to the converters panel at the base of the RH "B" pillar, or perhaps to the converters fuse on the battery fuseboard.

From Pioneer
The heads up display is not sold separately in the U.K. and is normally supplied factory fitted by the motorhome / camper van vehicle manufacturer so consequently we are unable to provide a wiring diagram.

Back