Technical Pioneer flip out stereo (flashing mileage blue me dead unit ?)

Currently reading:
Technical Pioneer flip out stereo (flashing mileage blue me dead unit ?)

Vafung19802

Hi all

Was toying with the idea of installing a pioneer flip out stereo with Bluetooth etc ,
I’ve lost all faith in the blue me unit so I want to get rid of this system altogether (disconnect or remove)and go with the pioneer system .

Is this possible to do ?
And will this resolve my flashing millage which currently I have due to failed module .

I need to proxy align the system but have no knowledge on how to do this and the registered users are too far away
Would this be easy to do if I got the mes software ?

Thanks in advance

According to many people on the forum the B&M is pretty much obsolete (& I tend to agree), although you can pick up one from Ebay.

The B&M is a liability, so if you're not using it, either pull the plug on it or remove it, the forum is full of peeps who have had issues with it allowing residual current leakage and draining the battery.

The Flashing mileage can be fixed by Proxi Alignment, and the MES is the most useful bit of kit for the 500 you'll ever buy. The program is free for personal use with some limitations, see their site, but you'll need an interface plug (that connects your ODB socket to the MES on your PC) .

The software is a download, and the adaptor for other ECUs on your model, (which you may or may not need) is here

Last edited:
According to many people on the forum the B&M is pretty much obsolete (& I tend to agree), although you can pick up one from Ebay.

The B&M is a liability, so if you're not using it, either pull the plug on it or remove it, the forum is full of peeps who have had issues with it allowing residual current leakage and draining the battery.

The Flashing mileage can be fixed by Proxi Alignment, and the MES is the most useful bit of kit for the 500 you'll ever buy. The program is free for personal use with some limitations, see their site, but you'll need an interface plug (that connects your ODB socket to the MES on your PC) .

The software is a download, and the adaptor for other ECUs on your model, (which you may or may not need) is here
Thank you for your reply Gettin better 👍🏻

It’s all confusing to me I don’t understand why fiat never never recalled or sorted this blue me out I owned an Alfa and had the exact same thing poor technology.
Car was written off in a accident so never got round to fixing the blue me 🤦🏻‍♂️

So correct me if I’m wrong if I completely removed the blue me module or disconnect it would this run the battery down ??

Also I’m having trouble in picking up radio stations poor reception on the standard stereo is this partly to the blue me fault ?

Would putting in aftermarket stereo ie pioneer help with better stereo signal ?

Lastly sorry in regards to the mes system I’m totally clueless in diagnosing and correcting faults using software , is there a step by step guide on how to?

And I take it a laptop is required ?

Thanks and sorry for do many questions

I’m a little nervous in the thought of using the software for fear of recking my Abarth’s ecu or software

Thanks guys much appreciated any help and pointers in to resolving this annoying issue …

Blue an me was obsolete within a year of launch back in 2006, when only a year later Apple released the iPhone which was not compatible with it and completely changed the future of smart phones, then android came along, also not compatible and fiat basically had what had been a very promising and expensive technology to invest in and develop and no viable replacement.

The is no safety issue with it so they would never do a recall.

the last cars to have blue and me are now well over 9 nearly 10 years old so there is no incentive for fiat to do anything at all about it. They stopped updating it following the last update to the underpinning software in 2010 (Microsoft windows embedded automotive) Microsoft ended support in 2016, fiat carried on allowing people to down load updates till 2021 when Adobe Flash support was ended (this is the technology used to run the Blue and Me update website) then in 2022 the website was taken down all together. So there is no incentive for anyone to keep using it.

you will need to find the module in the car and unplug it and remove it.

then get the appropriate adaptors to fit an after market radio. While there are normal ISO connectors behind the radio in every fiat the connections are not compatible with aftermarket radios and you will need an adaptor.
you'll probably need a faceplate as well to fit an aftermarket radio.

Then you'll need to get the blue and me module coded out which can be done with the registered version of MES for about £50. and another £tenner for the cable. This is money well spent as it will allow you to check your car for faults and clear faults which is very handy as most garages will charge £50 or more just to look at and clear fault codes.

Well worth doing, no rush to have to spend a fortune all in one go. I would probably get the B&M module disconnected at the very least as when they go bad they can caused a drain on the battery of the car leaving it drained and you unable to start the car in a morning. the radio in the car will continue to work as a radio. Then you can look at whats needed for the replacement radio, wires, face plate etc.

When you take the old radio out, there should be a sticker on the top which the wiring connections on it for the radio, Take a photo of it, you will need that photo when you come to install the new radio.

Blue an me was obsolete within a year of launch back in 2006, when only a year later Apple released the iPhone which was not compatible with it and completely changed the future of smart phones, then android came along, also not compatible and fiat basically had what had been a very promising and expensive technology to invest in and develop and no viable replacement.

The is no safety issue with it so they would never do a recall.

the last cars to have blue and me are now well over 9 nearly 10 years old so there is no incentive for fiat to do anything at all about it. They stopped updating it following the last update to the underpinning software in 2010 (Microsoft windows embedded automotive) Microsoft ended support in 2016, fiat carried on allowing people to down load updates till 2021 when Adobe Flash support was ended (this is the technology used to run the Blue and Me update website) then in 2022 the website was taken down all together. So there is no incentive for anyone to keep using it.

you will need to find the module in the car and unplug it and remove it.

then get the appropriate adaptors to fit an after market radio. While there are normal ISO connectors behind the radio in every fiat the connections are not compatible with aftermarket radios and you will need an adaptor.
you'll probably need a faceplate as well to fit an aftermarket radio.

Then you'll need to get the blue and me module coded out which can be done with the registered version of MES for about £50. and another £tenner for the cable. This is money well spent as it will allow you to check your car for faults and clear faults which is very handy as most garages will charge £50 or more just to look at and clear fault codes.

Well worth doing, no rush to have to spend a fortune all in one go. I would probably get the B&M module disconnected at the very least as when they go bad they can caused a drain on the battery of the car leaving it drained and you unable to start the car in a morning. the radio in the car will continue to work as a radio. Then you can look at whats needed for the replacement radio, wires, face plate etc.

When you take the old radio out, there should be a sticker on the top which the wiring connections on it for the radio, Take a photo of it, you will need that photo when you come to install the new radio.

Thank you for your reply Gettin better 👍🏻

It’s all confusing to me I don’t understand why fiat never never recalled or sorted this blue me out I owned an Alfa and had the exact same thing poor technology.
Car was written off in a accident so never got round to fixing the blue me 🤦🏻‍♂️

So correct me if I’m wrong if I completely removed the blue me module or disconnect it would this run the battery down ??

Also I’m having trouble in picking up radio stations poor reception on the standard stereo is this partly to the blue me fault ?

Would putting in aftermarket stereo ie pioneer help with better stereo signal ?

Lastly sorry in regards to the mes system I’m totally clueless in diagnosing and correcting faults using software , is there a step by step guide on how to?

And I take it a laptop is required ?

Thanks and sorry for do many questions

I’m a little nervous in the thought of using the software for fear of recking my Abarth’s ecu or software

Thanks guys much appreciated any help and pointers in to resolving this annoying issue …
Thanks andy for the reply

I’ve already got a pioneer flip out stereo but never got round to fitting it .

I will get the relevant iso wires too

In regards to the mes system I’ve seen a package on gendan.co.uk it’s around £100 for the wires and software .

Is there any other places to buy this from ?

Also is it an easy program to work with ?
Thank you

Back