Cinq.JPG

Cinquecento Piccolo Blu

Introduction

Well I've been keeping it quiet for the past two weeks but yes, I have finally got myself an old Fiat! I was looking at Panda's and Sei Schummy's but once i first saw this i had to have it.

attachment.php

I bought it from a chap called imolajon from ClubCento he has spent the past 4 years or so lovingly restoring it into amazing condition. It has been modified as well with:
EBC Turbo Discs and Green Stuff pads
175x50x13 A539 Yokohama Tyres
Tricker 40mm throttle Body
BMC CDA Air Filter
Supersprint 4-2-1 Manifold
Sports Cat
Janspeed centre section and rear box
Black head lining
Monroe Gas shock absorbers
40mm PI lowering springs
Chequred vinyl roof

So you might ask what are my plans with it? Well I plan to keep it as a bit of a show car, it needs a little work but hopefully won't be too much. It needs the rear bumper respraying and needs the bottoms of both doors attending too, they have started rusting but only just so will try and keep on top of it. It also needs a couple of patches in the rear wheel arch cleaning up and resealing.

Enough of my babbling here are some pics for you, some are from its previous owner.

Cinq210.JPG

DSC008591.jpg

Awards.JPG

34958_420679112568_556617568_4718876_7149550_n_1_.jpg

Johns_New_Car_057a.jpg

Johns_New_Car_013a.jpg
no thats right... thats what i have

DC Performance said:
The SPAX PSX adjustable suspension kit contains four 28 stage rate adjustable dampers which are matched to uprated chrome silicon springs that provide a dramatic improvement over standard specification springs. The 28 stage adjustment allows the driver to tune the suspension more precisely than ever before.

The damping adjustments can be carried out on the car for quick, easy and precise tuning of suspension settings

I wasn't the one who scrapped it :(

I traded it in after it had been broken into and the stereo swiped, seats broken off the runners. The seats didn't get fixed so I sold it to a local dealer for 3/400 quid about 7 years ago.
I was using "privilege" (an off shoot of Direct Line) and the service I got was terrible. Car was locked in a secure compound for a month without any repairs been undertaken, the policy included courtesy car didn't turn up until I shouted about it, Just Car Clinic made an abysmal job of it (not fixing seats onto runners, fitting new stereo). By the time I got the car back I was really fed up and didn't feel safe leaving it parked on the road anymore.

thats more likely the aux belt or the cambelt tensioner, hard to say without hearing it... Sounds like a big task doing a cambelt but it really isn't. I can come help you probably if you want someone to hold your hand doing that. I'm booked to do Fraz's sei again this weekend though, then its meet the next weekend so would have to be in a few weeks.

But yeah ask mr winrow when it was last done and if he did the tensioner & water pump at same time if he did swap it.

thats more likely the aux belt or the cambelt tensioner, hard to say without hearing it... Sounds like a big task doing a cambelt but it really isn't. I can come help you probably if you want someone to hold your hand doing that. I'm booked to do Fraz's sei again this weekend though, then its meet the next weekend so would have to be in a few weeks.

But yeah ask mr winrow when it was last done and if he did the tensioner & water pump at same time if he did swap it.

Ok well me and Russ are gonna do everything else this weekend will see what he comes back with :)

Back