Cinq.JPG

Cinquecento Piccolo Blu

Introduction

Well I've been keeping it quiet for the past two weeks but yes, I have finally got myself an old Fiat! I was looking at Panda's and Sei Schummy's but once i first saw this i had to have it.

attachment.php

I bought it from a chap called imolajon from ClubCento he has spent the past 4 years or so lovingly restoring it into amazing condition. It has been modified as well with:
EBC Turbo Discs and Green Stuff pads
175x50x13 A539 Yokohama Tyres
Tricker 40mm throttle Body
BMC CDA Air Filter
Supersprint 4-2-1 Manifold
Sports Cat
Janspeed centre section and rear box
Black head lining
Monroe Gas shock absorbers
40mm PI lowering springs
Chequred vinyl roof

So you might ask what are my plans with it? Well I plan to keep it as a bit of a show car, it needs a little work but hopefully won't be too much. It needs the rear bumper respraying and needs the bottoms of both doors attending too, they have started rusting but only just so will try and keep on top of it. It also needs a couple of patches in the rear wheel arch cleaning up and resealing.

Enough of my babbling here are some pics for you, some are from its previous owner.

Cinq210.JPG

DSC008591.jpg

Awards.JPG

34958_420679112568_556617568_4718876_7149550_n_1_.jpg

Johns_New_Car_057a.jpg

Johns_New_Car_013a.jpg
Anyone got any idea's on future mods? I'm thinking cam and pistons.

I dont fancy doing a engine swap or turbo'ing it (yet :slayer:)

To Do List:
Clean and install new rear seats
Find new passenger seat
New Thermostat
Service
Tyres
Clean air filter
Underseal car

Last edited:
Few more things to add,

1. drive down to peterborough on 28th ;)
2. retrim front and rear seats in grey/black soft leather with white stitching and blue beading ;)
3. Cam, port and polish :)

- adjustable dampers?
- some spring that aren't PI springs like currently fitted?
- some tempra alloys, sei abarth alloys or whatever you like? (not that is anything wrong with the existing wheels!)
- upgrade dash LED's?
- abarth kit?
- dash flock?
- clear side repeaters?
- sei mk2 expansion tank

Loads of stuff you can, sure i could think of loads more than that

Last edited:
- some spring that aren't PI springs like currently fitted?
Yes, recommendations?

- some tempra alloys, sei abarth alloys or whatever you like? (not that is anything wrong with the existing wheels!)
Mmm, id like some tempra alloys but its finding them. Need to get the current set re-sprayed

- upgrade dash LED's?
Dunno, i like the old school lights look.

- abarth kit?
Tempting but I do like the look of it as standard

- dash flock?
Nah, not to my taste.

- clear side repeaters?
Where do i get these from?

- sei mk2 expansion tank
Huh?

Freebo said:
Yes, recommendations?
I got spax springs with matched adjustable damper, they set on soft at mo, as i'm old now, you been in the car so you know what they feel like as they are, can be be proper stiff too. I rate them but lots of good brands but i only have experience with these and i used to have some Gmax stuff which was mega harsh.

Freebo said:
Mmm, id like some tempra alloys but its finding them. Need to get the current set re-sprayed
They peeling or something, looked ace last time i saw it... And yes tempra wheels are rare, just have to keep your eyes open at all times lol

Freebo said:
Dunno, i like the old school lights look.
Well its cheap, and i only did buttons in my old cinq not the actual dash cluster. I always felt they weren't bright enough.

Freebo said:
Tempting but I do like the look of it as standard
Agreed, its very pretty as is, just an idea

Freebo said:
Nah, not to my taste.
Fair do's

Freebo said:
Where do i get these from?
ebay, seicento ones fit too if you prefer look of them, again ebay

Freebo said:
Look at pic of my engine bay, i have a mk2 expansion tank, its just generally got a cleaner look, and they have a blue cap, although i have the old black one on mine.

Ok I think ill take a look at the Spax ones. Wheres best to buy them? Id pref to buy new as you get warranty etc.

The wheels are looking a little drab, you can see different thickness' of the paint on them at the moment. I do fancy getting another set for slicks so i can do a bit of drag racing :p

I will have to keep an eye out for a mk2 expansion tank, I did wonder if you could use them in a cinq.

I will have to keep an eye out for a mk2 expansion tank, I did wonder if you could use them in a cinq.

Yep you can mate , Ive just put one on mine :) have a look , Im sure ive updated my progress with a pic, All you have to do , its Forcefully put the bottom hose on as the Cinq ones are a little smaller , or the pipe comeing oput the mk2 is bigger :p

Back