General Petrol Smell

Currently reading:
General Petrol Smell

Magsy91

hi guys first time poster here
I have had a 53 plate sei for about a year now and i have noticed that on really hot days and when i drive it for a mid-long distance it smells really strongly of petrol, my consumption is still pretty good so i doubt its leaking fuel, just wanted to know if it was something thats easily fixed as summers here/coming and when the sunroof and windows are open the smell is even stronger :/

hi guys first time poster here
I have had a 53 plate sei for about a year now and i have noticed that on really hot days and when i drive it for a mid-long distance it smells really strongly of petrol, my consumption is still pretty good so i doubt its leaking fuel, just wanted to know if it was something thats easily fixed as summers here/coming and when the sunroof and windows are open the smell is even stronger :/

Check the breathers on the airbox for splits assuming it's still standard

thanks mate ill have a check over the weekend, its all standard fitting atm but was thinking about possibly removing the air box and fitting a cone air filter with possibly a cold air feed pipe at some stage in the future.

Check the little hatch under the rear seats is both there and secured down as well as checking for signs of a fuel leak around the tank, if the tank is just starting to go on top or at the seam and that hatch isn't down, it gets rather smelly inside in the hot weather.

I'm sure it will be painted. It may not be body-colour (unless your car is black) but it will painted.

I've never seen a painted one.

I'm sure mine was black...... you're gona make me go outside and look now.....! :)

Well, looked and yes it is painted black.
Unless they didn't paint them on Sei for some reason. Would be very odd to leave unpainted metal on a car though...

Back