Pet hates - what are yours?

Currently reading:
Pet hates - what are yours?

Does people saying "can I get" in shops when they mean can I have, please, do your head in? It really infuriates me. Poor little snowflakes don't know any better though. A bad American import.

As a care worker I'm out & about in the community & come across all types of people, good bad & indifferent just about sums things up these days. You just never know who you're going to come across. The English language is evolving/changing all the time I read & perhaps there are times I just despair, take for instance when I'm out with a client in a wheelchair helping him with his shopping in a certain small supermarket coming across several small primary school boys on their lunch break causing havoc & coming out with....."yo bro! wats your problem man?!!! when I ask, mind the wheelchair boys. "Dude chill! is the reply.

No big deal & not the end of the world, but in so many levels this is a bit sad & wrong.

1 of my pet hates? Being overtaken: if I know the road, I travel at the speed limit. It seriously annoys me when people flout the speed limits, and overtake me. Quite frankly, it's utterly moronic: speed limits are there for a reason. It's especially annoying if they overtake me only to a) stay directly in front of me, or b) turn off about a minute later. ?

Something else that infuriates me is when a moron overtakes me just before a speed limit increase: I know I'm only driving an old Fiat, but it will only take me a few seconds to get from 30-60mph, and I'll be able to do 50-60 round most of the bends!! ?

Back