perry's Huddersfield "DON'T GO THERE"

Currently reading:
perry's Huddersfield "DON'T GO THERE"

fueltank

car back again. Its been in 9 time to cure noise when body flexes. They finaly put it down to dry spot weld which they finaly cured. I made the fatal mistake of asking them to fix a noise on clutch pedle. They had a problem and had to fit new clutch cylinder. Collected car and on way home realised all brake lights were on, tod to bring it back. Had to go out that night and going round a 3 lane roundabout lost power and near accident, power came back about 10 sec, this hapend again 2 times. Got home my son (mechanic) opend door and said theirs a dent in cill. He looked in engine bay and pipers were not cliped back, he said it could lead to brake failure if they broke. The clip on the clutch pedle was broke. Trimes not fit back right. Slit back seat would not lock so in an accident would collaps.
Car is on drive waiting indipendant inspection and had to hire a car.

Let you know what happens.

bloody hell. thats crazy.

I bought my Sei from them in October 2003. The car also had a few niggly faults but they were sorted instantly and permanently. They did insist though that there was nothing wrong with the tracking even though I went from a spot on car to it and it drifted badly. They denied it was okay twice so I ran it up a kerb hard and took it back to them. They sorted it then.

I remember the manager of the FIAT bit being a bit of a prick. I reported him to head office as he'd talk to the car washers/valeters like they were a peice of s**t on his shoe. I didn't want to buy a car from a person like that but I did in the end becuase he gave me a car a year newer than I expected fr the same price becuase the retards sold my car i'd put a deposit on "by mistake".

Actually, looking back on what I just put, they were crap!

Last edited:
Wow, I live in huddersfield and im about to get a big service done on my seicento. I basically just bought it but it needs doing now, the cars done 26k miles but i dont know what kind of services fait normally do. Can anyone advise, more important since i was gonna take it to the only fiat garage i know in huddersfield perrys can anyone now recommend a good one i can go too to get a good job done. I dont mind travelling abit.

Cheers
Satty

As locals may have noticed, Perrys are not a franchise dealer of FIAT anymore. From this week, Midlothian on Leeds Road is now Huddersfields FIAT dealer.
Some of you may think this is good news but be aware! One of my friends who is self employed used to do some contracted work round the back for them and he said that he seen them put out some right dodgy motors and he would avoid them. I'm not willing to give his name or job title though as if any of there staff see this, he could be in it. Just a word of warning.

I'm sticking to using the AA service centre in halfords.. I recently got a full service done plus my AA membership discount made it worth while. Also they fully guarantee the work. Much rather trust them than local dealers. Although this leaves me with the problem i need to get my fuel tank replaced under the call back but dont want my car going to local dealers. Anyone recommend a good dealer i can get it done near huddersfield, i was thinking Halifax but i dont know if there good.

fueltank said:
car back again. Its been in 9 time to cure noise when body flexes. They finaly put it down to dry spot weld which they finaly cured. I made the fatal mistake of asking them to fix a noise on clutch pedle. They had a problem and had to fit new clutch cylinder. Collected car and on way home realised all brake lights were on, tod to bring it back. Had to go out that night and going round a 3 lane roundabout lost power and near accident, power came back about 10 sec, this hapend again 2 times. Got home my son (mechanic) opend door and said theirs a dent in cill. He looked in engine bay and pipers were not cliped back, he said it could lead to brake failure if they broke. The clip on the clutch pedle was broke. Trimes not fit back right. Slit back seat would not lock so in an accident would collaps.
Car is on drive waiting indipendant inspection and had to hire a car.

Let you know what happens.
anyone know of a good solicitor!

Last edited:
omg!!! know but i doubt you would need a good one to fleece them for that.

On the subject, I got some parts from Clemo FIAT at Cleckheaton today (j26 m62?) and they were really friendly and efficient. stood chatting to a mechanic who worked for a dealer and was actually enthusiastic about cars!!! lol

I live in Huddersfield and use Alfatech for my Punto Sporting. I've found theyre very helpful, do the work quickly and dont charge a fortune. You will find Alfatech very close to the McAlpine/Galpharm stadium. Hope this of help as I've also found Perry's to be a pain in the exhaust!

after having car for 3 weeks they have been unable to rectify the faults. their answer to skyroof noise was new engine mountings, the paint repair had runs. the end been Carselect where i got the car from has after 11 months are giving me a full refund.

try piccadilly at wakefield they have always seemed to be ok with me and my father i gotta admit i havent many probs from either of my fiats ive bought from there (touch wood)

Back