Tuning Performance improvements on a 1.416V?

Currently reading:
Tuning Performance improvements on a 1.416V?

loveshandbags
I did what was called a stage 1 conversion (stage 2 = intercooler). That includes the Pipercross induction kit (normally they do their own performance air filter but was open to give this a bash), performance free flow exhaust with branch and what they call UniChip with the remap. Have not done spark plugs yet but will in time.

I guess all of the above contributes to the 121 hp and yes, that is kinda the improvement.

The biggest contributor will be their locally developed chip to compensate for the harsh weather. They reckon on some cars that gives 30%. They tune it specifically to the car.

They have been around for years with a solid reputation. I can't bother too much to have my car serviced with Fiat so they will be default be the place I'll take my car to for service.

Costs was not too bad. Giving prices in Rand but you'll get the idea.
Demo I bought with approx 5000 miles = R160 000
Cost of Pipercross (R2000) + SAC Stage 1 conversion (R7000 incl Brake kit install) = R9 000
Brake kit = R2000
Total = R171 000 (y)

Brand new 500 1.4 = R180 000
Brand new Abarth = R230 000

http://www.steves.co.za/Conversions-Stage1.html

http://www.steves.co.za/Unichip_Conversions.html

loveshandbags
I did what was called a stage 1 conversion (stage 2 = intercooler). That includes the Pipercross induction kit (normally they do their own performance air filter but was open to give this a bash), performance free flow exhaust with branch and what they call UniChip with the remap. Have not done spark plugs yet but will in time.

I guess all of the above contributes to the 121 hp and yes, that is kinda the improvement.

The biggest contributor will be their locally developed chip to compensate for the harsh weather. They reckon on some cars that gives 30%. They tune it specifically to the car.

They have been around for years with a solid reputation. I can't bother too much to have my car serviced with Fiat so they will be default be the place I'll take my car to for service.

Costs was not too bad. Giving prices in Rand but you'll get the idea.
Demo I bought with approx 5000 miles = R160 000
Cost of Pipercross (R2000) + SAC Stage 1 conversion (R7000 incl Brake kit install) = R9 000
Brake kit = R2000
Total = R171 000 (y)

Brand new 500 1.4 = R180 000
Brand new Abarth = R230 000

http://www.steves.co.za/Conversions-Stage1.html

http://www.steves.co.za/Unichip_Conversions.html

Thanks for the response Little Red Chinky (y)
Can you explain the performance exhaust and branch ?
Is this just a catback exhaust OR
Is it a full replacement exhaust system with a performance manifold and sports cat ?

Thanks for the response Little Red Chinky (y)
Can you explain the performance exhaust and branch ?
Is this just a catback exhaust OR
Is it a full replacement exhaust system with a performance manifold and sports cat ?

LOL, you do know you are talking to a chick right?

I'm officially busted and although I kinda understand what you asking, truth is I have no clue.

If I have to guess I reckon it is only the catback exhaust.

However if it you are interested, I can phone them tomorrow and confirm. Wayne has put up with me thus far, I'm sure one more question won't hurt :D

LOL, you do know you are talking to a chick right?

I'm officially busted and although I kinda understand what you asking, truth is I have no clue.

If I have to guess I reckon it is only the catback exhaust.

However if it you are interested, I can phone them tomorrow and confirm. Wayne has put up with me thus far, I'm sure one more question won't hurt :D
I did a rough conversion of the rand prices to Euros and I doubt it included a performance manifold and sports cat. When you're asking wayne about the cat back performance exhaust ask him if he deleted the middle silencer leaving you will only the back box as the silencer. You can always be a little cheeky and ask him if it was made of stainless steel. :D
If he managed to get the performance increases that he claims to have got and you've noticed it then it looks like a re-map of the 1.4 is worthwhile doing.

There are 16 pages of postings on that link. Which post refers to the Polski cam ?

None of them!

But if you PM Woj he'll probably tell you.
Also are you saying that you can only get 110bhp from a 1.4 with a decent exhaust system and an aftermarket ECU ?

Quite the opposite. More that you can get 110 from the engine with nothing more than an aftermarket ECU, decent exhaust and non FBW TB (many people use a Zetec or K series TB). No internal mods whatsoever.

Your problem will be that without being able to significantly remap the Panda 100hp ECU, you're never going to get close to the potential of the engine.

I did a rough conversion of the rand prices to Euros and I doubt it included a performance manifold and sports cat. When you're asking wayne about the cat back performance exhaust ask him if he deleted the middle silencer leaving you will only the back box as the silencer. You can always be a little cheeky and ask him if it was made of stainless steel. :D
If he managed to get the performance increases that he claims to have got and you've noticed it then it looks like a re-map of the 1.4 is worthwhile doing.

So it is a custom build, low pressure, free flow stainless steel exhaust. They did not remove the cat and the exhaust was placed behind the cat.

Hope this make sense!!

Had a fun run to work this morning. Definitely improved.

Back