Technical Poor MPG on 1.2

Currently reading:
Technical Poor MPG on 1.2

Hello, I’ve posted here before.
I have a 2015 colour therapy 1.2 fiat 500. I only do city driving and I get 28mpg.

however every time I reset the mpg both AcA and AcB. My mpg goes up to 40-45mpg. But then the I restart the car the mpg remains at 28-29mpg.

What should I do about this? My car is serviced with new filters and spark plugs.

Thanks

More info would be helpful! how far is your journey(S) if the engine does not get fully up to temp then the ecu "over-fuels" it(like being on choke till it does). have you done ANY longer trips to make a comparison of the average consumption figures? if not might be worth takin g a longer spin out (around 20 miles) at higher speeds to see what you achieve!
Lots of Cold starts and short trips will really bring your overall figures down! also when next out and about run the computer on instant consumption and keep glancing at it to see what its reading would only expect to see it in the 20,s when cold or under hard acceleration! post the results up and it might help us understand the situation better! finally you could try running the car very low on fuel till the warning light comes on then put an exact amount into the tank- SAY 1 GALLON and reset the trip meter and run the car till the light comes back on then you have a physical figure from the trip meter as a real world average!.

Are you re setting the mileage trip counters?
If you zero these the average fuel consumption resets
Round the doors in winter we get 38-42
Zero trip distance A leave B for comparison if you then go to average consumption A it should show zero or blank, Acb will stay what it is

Last edited:
Just after resetting you'll tend to get wild figures until the computer has collected enough data to show an accurate average. I never reset ACA so it shows my overall consumption, while I reset ACB at every fill-up. Having said that, 28mpg seems very poor - my wife's (auto) 1.2 averaged around 34-36mpg. My TA gets only around 37mpg but that's because of my enthusiastic driving style... I don't drive for economy. 🙃

Further to the above; I refuelled today ($2.09/litre - ouch!:sick:) then reset ACB and checked the figures after the two mile drive home. ACB currently reads 46mpg while ACA reports 37mpg overall. The drive home required a stop at only one set of traffic lights out of four and a steady 35mph was maintained but that 46mpg will steadily decline over the next week or two.🙃

Back