pc to pc file transfer

Currently reading:
pc to pc file transfer

steviepab

Ok i know i ask a lot of computer questions on here but i am puzzled. I have just baught a new laptop with centrino and i have a wlan setup so i am online. Now i have a lot of files on my pc that i want to transfer to my laptop however i have no idea how. Is there any way i can through the wlan connetion or do i need a link up?? I am looking at paying as little as possable as i have just spent a lot of money on this and the punto so i am on a budget now. Hope someone can help. Cheers.

are both the computers connected to the Wireless LAN at the same time?

if they are you can just right click on the folders you want or even just the hard drive they are on and select 'Sharing' then in 'My Network Places' on your laptop the drive will show up and you can begin to copy the files across.

i think i have sussed out the networking through wlan now thank you. just waiting for the files to drag over to the shared files and then i hope i will get to putthem onmy laptop tonight. thank you. all i need to do now is find a securaty system for my wlan so no one can get into my files.

Back