PC Loop???

Currently reading:
PC Loop???

psychofox

Legend
Hey guys,

PC has been playing up, last few days ive been getting BSOD, it pops up so quick i cannot see what is causing it before it reboots. Yesterday the PC seemed to work fine, shut down no problems last night. This morning when I turned it on it seemed to be stuck in a loop, the monitor does not come on, all the lights come on the PC as normal, then it reboots, comes on again, reboots, etc.

Anyone know what is causing this and how can i stop it?

It sounds like it is failing POST. Most likely cause is a failed component.
Most likely is RAM failure. If the PC has multiple sticks, remove them, then place one in the first slot (closest to CPU and try that, if it then boots, fine, if not try another. Other problem posibilities are CPU failure (unlikely) or motherboard failure (unlikely unless overclocked)

My money is on memory failure.

That could be it, a mememy error like "a memory exception has occured at 0x000000000" popped up a few times the end of last week.
Its a new motherboard, and not overclocked.
I need to brink it back it where it was made as i am not happy it.
One of the USB ports doesnt work on the front, the HDD access light on the front doesnt work, and one of the fans on the back doesnt come on.

Assuming its XP go to My Computer, right click > properties
then advanced tab, startup and recovery > click settings
uncheck automatically restart under system failure and click ok

That way it won't reboot on a BSOD so you can get a chance to read the error and google the error code.

The process is much the same for vista and 7 ;)

Yes, its XP.
But i wish i could get that far.
Monitor doesnt load up, it reboots too quickly.

yep, Windows and all programs were re-installed.
The PC is back at the PC shop now. Should hopefully get it back by the weekend.
Its weird, as it worked perfectly fine for a week, then this happens.

Right, took PC back to shop, turns out its the brand new mobo :bang:
They are ordering another one.

This problem most likely caused by RAM, application conflict, driver lost, you'd better press F8 to enter safe mode and uninstall the application that you installed last. Then reboot again to check, it is still the same, change another RAW or other device.

Back